Tough times on the trevs

Mike89

Had a late afternoon session at the old haunt today hoping to catch a couple of yakkas and put my heavy rod to work with some livies out. Had the other rod ready to keep me busy prospecting for some trevally on a lightweight float setup.

Unfortunately the yakkas seemed to have some sort of out-of-area conference or were on holiday; I didn't get a touch or nip on them all afternoon.

Did however manage a couple of nice trevally. The two were a couple of hours apart and the bites were few and far between, so pretty tough fishing!

post-36711-0-50127600-1476107167_thumb.jpeg

The larger of the two would have been close to 40cm, quite a nice specimen! Was rather lethargic in his fight and didn't struggle much. Found out why after removing my own hook when I discovered a few feet of line and someone else's hook at the back of his mouth. Poor fella didn't get away this time!

Sashimi on the menu tomorrow night!

Edited by Mike89

Well Done on the TREVS ! Look's like it's been tough times on all Fish lately .... I spent the whole day on the Harbour on Sunday after dropping off the Wife & kids at Luna Park for the day & it was Tough going for me aswell with No yakkas to be found in any of the usual spots I normally get them..