Sounders under 1k

will_l

Hi,

So I'm looking at getting a new sounder with a max budget of $1000. I don't need any maps so looking for a sounder + transducer combo that can produce high quality returns. I'd probably fish in maximum 200m of water and have no need for side scan. I already have a well mounted p66 so I'm thinking possibly purchasing a Furuno 628 from the U.S. If anyone has any other suggestions that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Is the p66 for a furono ? Why buy from the US, the prices are much the same here once you take out postage and having a local warranty and shop to ask any questions has got to be better ( not to mention supporting local business).

There are heaps of good deals on sounders if you shop around, not sure if any sponsors offer electronics.

Jon

Is the p66 for a furono ? Why buy from the US, the prices are much the same here once you take out postage and having a local warranty and shop to ask any questions has got to be better ( not to mention supporting local business).

There are heaps of good deals on sounders if you shop around, not sure if any sponsors offer electronics.

Jon

Hi Jon, Yes P66 is Furuno.

There is still around a $250 price difference between the U.S and Aus on this unit, with most Aus stores selling around 1280 mark and the from the U.S + postage, it can be had for $935. As much as I'd like to go locally the price difference can't really but justified.

Cheers.

*Edit* You know Australian prices are horrid when you can get a 628 from New Zealand for around $900. I might look at getting one from New Zealand

Edited by will_l

That's understandable then. I've got mates with the 628 that fish out of JB and love the unit, they claim they can tell the size of the kings on it as well as easely tell whether they are over sand or gravel etc.

As a stand alone I like the look of the Simrad s2009 just because of the extra downward reselution, doubt the transducer would fit though.

Jon

I had a look at the s2009, but cheapeast I could find (world wide) was roughly 1250. Had a look at all the other usual a bit more closely and still think 628 is the best, especially at the price I found...

An Australian store: $930 (incl shipping) for 628 + p66 tranny...

Might pull the plug on this.