Windy but worth it - Blacksmiths Beach

RexSenior

Hi Raiders

Been a while between posts as I haven't caught too much (with the exception of Crescent Head last week).

Headed out yesterday in search of beach worms - they have been very scarce since the April storms.

Finally found a small patch at Birdie Beach after a few hours of searching 4 beaches, some thumpers in the bunch too....

post-34486-0-41718200-1476943123_thumb.jpg

Went to Blacksmiths beach today in search of Whiting & I guess a Jew or 2 would have been OK.

Ended up with a few Dart, a salmon and half a dozen bream. Just kept the bream for a feed - all between 30 & 41cm - threw the rest in to fight another day.

Cheers, James

post-34486-0-91108700-1476943373_thumb.jpg

Edited by RexSenior

8 hours ago, mauricio said:

great effort catching your own bait. is there a particular time of the year to catch worms?

Cheers Mate.

You can get them all year around, I find Summer and Autumn to be more productive.

Things like the tides, big swells, wind & changing shape of the sandbars have a much bigger affect.

There is a great article from Roberta on here that details everything and has been very accurate for me.

If you can't find it just google "Beachworms Forster" and it'll come straight up.

16 hours ago, RexSenior said:

Cheers Mate.

You can get them all year around, I find Summer and Autumn to be more productive.

Things like the tides, big swells, wind & changing shape of the sandbars have a much bigger affect.

There is a great article from Roberta on here that details everything and has been very accurate for me.

If you can't find it just google "Beachworms Forster" and it'll come straight up.

thank you for the info