Fish are on - Parra River

jdanger

My good mate and fishing buddy got back from overseas last week so we wasted little time in hitting out local at Bayview Park to flick a few lures.

The stiff breeze didn't deter the fish with a hookup on my first cast and the action barely stopping from there. In total we landed 30+ fish between us including a stack of bream to 28cm, whiting to 35cm and flathead to 50cm.

The day had a bit of everything including heartbreak during a bust off on what would have been a very good fish :1crybaby:. On the bright side, the Z-man he took was the only lure I lost for the day. Silver linings, eh?

Some of the action below...

Cheers lads, glad you liked it.

7 hours ago, mshuangchao said:

Awesome session and great footage, wonder what that fish was, the one that got you caught in the rocks...

I'd put my last dollar on it being an XOS bream. The fight didn't have that erratic weaving that whiting do and flathead aren't that smart. Felt like it could have been a PB, but I'm trying not to dwell on the tragedy :action-smiley-073:

2 hours ago, savit said:

Nice video. How long was the fishing session for 30+ fish  and what rod/line rating did you use?

First cast was around 1130, almost 2 hours before high tide. We pulled stumps shortly before 1800, so around a 6 and a half hour session. Nick even hooked a small bream on his third-last cast so we left them biting despite the water level being really low by that point. Also we had overstayed our leave passes... 

We were both fishing 6lb Daiwa J-Braid and 4lb fluro leader - I was using Sensei.

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Good session guys. Excellent video. What do you use to edit your videos and what sort of camera is giving the "fish eye" view?

Camera is a Shimano Sports Cam. Good little unit but I don't think they're making them any more. Was hoping they'd come out with a polarised lense but they decided not to go ahead with it. Not sure if I can even turn the fish-eye off, I've played with the settings and flicked between the wide-angle view but all looks much the same to me.

Videos edited using Windows Movie Maker, should be standard with most PCs or you can download it free from Microsoft if you're running Windows10.

Edited by jdanger
missed information

On 10/26/2016 at 10:36 PM, jdanger said:

Cheers lads, glad you liked it.

I'd put my last dollar on it being an XOS bream. The fight didn't have that erratic weaving that whiting do and flathead aren't that smart. Felt like it could have been a PB, but I'm trying not to dwell on the tragedy :action-smiley-073:

First cast was around 1130, almost 2 hours before high tide. We pulled stumps shortly before 1800, so around a 6 and a half hour session. Nick even hooked a small bream on his third-last cast so we left them biting despite the water level being really low by that point. Also we had overstayed our leave passes... 

We were both fishing 6lb Daiwa J-Braid and 4lb fluro leader - I was using Sensei.

Camera is a Shimano Sports Cam. Good little unit but I don't think they're making them any more. Was hoping they'd come out with a polarised lense but they decided not to go ahead with it. Not sure if I can even turn the fish-eye off, I've played with the settings and flicked between the wide-angle view but all looks much the same to me.

Videos edited using Windows Movie Maker, should be standard with most PCs or you can download it free from Microsoft if you're running Windows10.

Many thanks for your reply. Really enjoyed your video. Cheers, Neil.