MUST WATCH TONIGHT.

finin

If you love to eat your farmed salmon then 4 Corners tonight at 830pm Channel 2 is a show you must watch.                        Over 15 years ago i was watching a press club lunch and Dr David Suzuki gave a speech on the above. After the speech lunch is served and it consisted of a salmon cutlet. Nobody ate!

Considering the fish is naturally a white fleshed fish..... I havnt eaten it since then. 

20 minutes ago, finin said:

If you love to eat your farmed salmon then 4 Corners tonight at 830pm Channel 2 is a show you must watch.                        Over 15 years ago i was watching a press club lunch and Dr David Suzuki gave a speech on the above. After the speech lunch is served and it consisted of a salmon cutlet. Nobody ate!

Considering the fish is naturally a white fleshed fish..... I havnt eaten it since then. 

To me Salmon are not a good eating fish I only like them if made into fish cakes . ( Salmon Fish Cakes )

Edited by blackfish angler

17 hours ago, finin said:

Trout and salmon flesh colour can fade or darken depending on its diet much like flamingos feathers.

Indeed zoos feed captive flamingos colour enhanced food to keep them looking pink also.

The show last night was more about environmental issues and business practices rather than nutritional food value or composition. 

If the only reason you don't eat salmon is because it contains an added food colouring do you eat anything else that does? I'm tipping 90% of processed food these days has some sort of added colouring either natural or artificial.

17 hours ago, blackfish angler said:

To me Salmon are not a good eating fish I only like them if made into fish cakes . ( Salmon Fish Cakes )

I think you mean Australian salmon which are not a true salmonoid.

Atlantic salmon is an all together different type of flesh and soooo much better.

No different to any other type of farmed animal eg chicken, the more salmon we eat the less pressure there is on wild fish stocks of all kinds- while there are a lot of issues with fishfarming in a country like Australia with lots of oversight I dont see a problem- Salmon is the only fish I buy , as for adding a bit of dye- its done in other areas of food production and is the same chemical that is in crustaceans that naturally makes the flesh turn red anyway. There are problems but this is an agricultural operation that has only been fired up in the last 50 years anywhere in the world- compare that to cattle/chooks/whatever, it takes time and efforrt ot sort the problems and what I saw was Australian companies trying to sort their problems- I would rather see that then more imports etc