Sydney Kingies

hhakan

Am i just taking notice because i cant go fishing for the meantime or is the Kingi fishing really that good at the moment!

i have seen so much 1m+ kingies being caught recently

I have only been chasing them for the past 3 years but every year im finding the Fish are becoming bigger and more consistent

Great Signs for the future! hopefully we wont have to go to NZ no more in the  future

Hakan

A 1.4m King was speared off Bondi recently! I have only caught rat kings or just legal specimens, hanging to get into a decent one this season. I can locate the bait and have livies down, but no luck as yet. Still trying to find some good deeper reefs where the hoodlums hold! All the best.

43 minutes ago, Stu-SP said:

They do take lures, soft plastics, dead bait and live bait. If you ask most fishos live squid is your best bet for a King.

Sounds good - I'm in Sydney next week for a few days and plan to give some of the ledges a go... Fingers crossed!

On 04/11/2016 at 7:17 PM, jaidyn said:

Hakan, im aching for a landbased kingie. Where do u reccomend for me to go where the kings are on the bite at the moment. would love some assistance

not sure i target them off the boat. im sure any rock ledge close to the heads will hold them. just be sure to have all your safety equipment with you. ive seen them get caught at Pier 2 and Clifton garden but it gets packed

1 hour ago, Ozcar said:

i agree, i also am a keen rock fisherman but are yet to get a kingy land based from the rocks, would love to know where they can be found, i.e what ledges i have tried whale beach...

Thanks mshuangchao

Ozcar

Whale beach is a very good spot, I usually fish around the Kingsford area. I used to think only deep water produced the big fish, but recent reports have led me to believe otherwise... Just have to be persistent, these fish could be anywhere.

On 04/11/2016 at 7:17 PM, jaidyn said:

Hakan, im aching for a landbased kingie. Where do u reccomend for me to go where the kings are on the bite at the moment. would love some assistance

Avoca rocks south side of the beach