New Snapper PB off the stones

Rock&Beach

Hey Raiders away for the weekend with the family and thought i would sneak a late afternoon fish in of the stones.

After catching a couple of smallish bream. I got smashed big time so i rigged up again and same thing happened. Both times my knot pulled i was really upset as that never happens to me.

Rigged up again and this time put an extra lock on my knot this was my last cast and last bait as i had to get back to the family. 

This little fella jumps on my line, took about 10 minutes to get in and another 10 to get out of the water, bloody near fell in getting it out, clocked in at 81cm and went 5.4kg cleaned. New PB by about 30cm.

I normally use 6kg mono but decided this time to use 8kg mono as last time i fished this spot i got cleaned up a couple of times now i know why. 

I had to pull the fridge apart in the cabin so i could fit it in.

Cheers R&B

20161120_205551.jpg

20161120_205506.jpg

20161120_205456.jpg

20161121_114234.jpg

Edited by Rock&Beach
Update with another photo with a red bait bucket.

35 minutes ago, Welster said:

Mate get yourself a better pic with a hat or something red and wack it in catch if the month.

Great catch well done.   What general area were you in?

Thanks Welster yeah just ran out of time tonight.  Around Foster on central coast.

Nice catch there mate!

I recent had the prieveledge of landing a decent sized snapper accidentally when fishing for bream and trevally on the rocks. They're good fighter!

Can you or anyone on this forum kindly advise me a good outfit or rig and bait to target snapper? Thank you

I'm also interested as to what sort of outfit you were using!

Excellent catch picking up a snapper off the stones, I didn't know that there were too many places where you can catch good sized fish like this land-based.

Nice work!

3 hours ago, IratusEst said:

Nice catch there mate!

I recent had the prieveledge of landing a decent sized snapper accidentally when fishing for bream and trevally on the rocks. They're good fighter!

Can you or anyone on this forum kindly advise me a good outfit or rig and bait to target snapper? Thank you

3 hours ago, Mike89 said:

I'm also interested as to what sort of outfit you were using!

Excellent catch picking up a snapper off the stones, I didn't know that there were too many places where you can catch good sized fish like this land-based.

Nice work!

Hi gents i have a 12ft Sensor surf 8-15kg and a that is my all round rod rock and beach. ... I use this for catching bream of the rocks as well and also for spinning. The reel i use a lot is a Pflueger Supreme 8040 i have a few spare reels so vary line size and capacity some with braid some without. Like you this was a bycatch for me. Just luck of the spot they just like the same places the bream do. 

Cheers R&B

On 21/11/2016 at 1:39 PM, Rock&Beach said:

Hi gents i have a 12ft Sensor surf 8-15kg and a that is my all round rod rock and beach. ... I use this for catching bream of the rocks as well and also for spinning. The reel i use a lot is a Pflueger Supreme 8040 i have a few spare reels so vary line size and capacity some with braid some without. Like you this was a bycatch for me. Just luck of the spot they just like the same places the bream do. 

Cheers R&B

Thanks Beach&Rock!

Ah! The reliable and efficient Daiwa Sensor Surf.