Rock fishing RODS

Newaz

Hi Mate, I know I am Old School but if you are rock or back fishing the best rebels you can use are Alveys, they are nearly indestructible, sensitive as hell, cast a mile.

You have to choose the right rod

What do you want to fish for?

That will determine the range of line breaking strain and thus the size of reel and length, taper casting weight and line rating of the rod.

Cheers

Chris

7 minutes ago, Jewdreamer said:

Hi Mate, I know I am Old School but if you are rock or back fishing the best rebels you can use are Alveys, they are nearly indestructible, sensitive as hell, cast a mile.

You have to choose the right rod

What do you want to fish for?

That will determine the range of line breaking strain and thus the size of reel and length, taper casting weight and line rating of the rod.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris. i got a socorro 6000 and daiwa bg 8500. I am after salmon/bonito/kkkingy. if you cud suggest rod for such thanks :)

They should be OK for 10-15KG line so base your choice on that.
Something that can throw 60 - 120grams, Go with a 3.6-4M rod as it will help with control when the fish is close to the rocks.

Thats the spec , chose your rod from what is available

Cheers and good luck

Chris

32 minutes ago, Jewdreamer said:

They should be OK for 10-15KG line so base your choice on that.
Something that can throw 60 - 120grams, Go with a 3.6-4M rod as it will help with control when the fish is close to the rocks.

Thats the spec , chose your rod from what is available

Cheers and good luck

Chris

appreciate your :) Jewdreamer

5 hours ago, Newaz said:

Hello Raiders. wondering if anyone could possibly suggest me with 10' to 12' rod for rock fishing for far casting, light and better, within $150 please!

Thanks in advance

Hi mate,

Take a look at this 12 foot Crucis Synergy rod for $120 from Sneakyfiso. It is made out of Japanese graphite, very light and strong. I have 10 foot and still going strong after 5 years. 

http://www.sneakyfisho.com/crucis-synergy-1228-6-8kg-surf-spin-rod.html

Tackleworld selling for $160.

http://ottostackleworld.com.au/store/product/13174/Crucis-Synergy-Surf-Spin-Rods/

42 minutes ago, fishsauce8 said:

Hi mate,

Take a look at this 12 foot Crucis Synergy rod for $120 from Sneakyfiso. It is made out of Japanese graphite, very light and strong. I have 10 foot and still going strong after 5 years. 

http://www.sneakyfisho.com/crucis-synergy-1228-6-8kg-surf-spin-rod.html

Tackleworld selling for $160.

http://ottostackleworld.com.au/store/product/13174/Crucis-Synergy-Surf-Spin-Rods/

I will have a look :) thanks mate

The new Shimano Aerowave graphite is slightly out of your specified price range but i strongly recommend it, especially with the K-Series guides. I have the heavy 13' one but you would probably look at the 6-10kg one in either 12' or 13', whichever you like the feel of or you thought suited your needs better.

We also have an old aerowave composite in 6-12kg that i strongly recommend. The new aerowave composites are around $159 and also very nice. You just have to decide whether to go 6-12kg or 5-8kg. This will probably be decided by how big the baits are you want to cast. I think both of these rods come in rubber and wood butts. I like the rubber because it is more comfortable and i never need to stick the timber in anything because i hold it or use a rod holder.

5 hours ago, Captain Spanner said:

The new Shimano Aerowave graphite is slightly out of your specified price range but i strongly recommend it, especially with the K-Series guides. I have the heavy 13' one but you would probably look at the 6-10kg one in either 12' or 13', whichever you like the feel of or you thought suited your needs better.

We also have an old aerowave composite in 6-12kg that i strongly recommend. The new aerowave composites are around $159 and also very nice. You just have to decide whether to go 6-12kg or 5-8kg. This will probably be decided by how big the baits are you want to cast. I think both of these rods come in rubber and wood butts. I like the rubber because it is more comfortable and i never need to stick the timber in anything because i hold it or use a rod holder.

Thanks captain. will definitely hve a look. appreciate..

• 3 weeks later...

For that price I would be getting a rod / reel combo,go look at any of the big stores

also depends what fish your targeting if you just want to target anything like most people when they go fishing,just get a basic rock fishing rod / reel combo 12 - 14 foot.

Just go buy a $40 rod / reel combo, beach rod/rock fishing rod from Kmart unless you targeting big fish with special rigs and bait for that fish as for casting out long distance,everyone wants to do that,if you can get 100m with your cast your doing unreal,even spinning for surface fish with good gear,a 100m cast is a good one,a 50m cast off the rocks is plenty,10kg line,ball sinker to a swivel then a 1m trace line of same 10kg line to a 2 or 3 zero suicide hook with a cube of pilchard on it will get you your basic bottom feeder fish or occasional hungry surface fish scouting the bottom out for a feed.Just remember bottom fishing off the rocks you will get some snags.If your intention is to spin for surface fish then you need a rod for spinning/heavy spin rod etc costs about $100 + then you need an egg beater at least 5.1 ratio preferably 7.1 this means for every time your handle turns 1 rotation,your reel turns 5.1, 5 times,7.1, 7 times anything less is useless for spinning off the rocks.Most heavy spin rods are 10ft with a long butt,one piece is better but I got a 2 piece and works fine,most spin rods have high speed runners as well,15kg line will do,40 gram lures,run the line straight to a snap swival wire trace,then if you want to change lures just unsnap and snap a new one on..Anyway depends what your fishing for,so hopefully this will give you a little info,most surface fish will hug the coastline.

Good luck !

17 hours ago, D.G said:

For that price I would be getting a rod / reel combo,go look at any of the big stores 

also depends what fish your targeting if you just want to target anything like most people when they go fishing,just get a basic rock fishing rod / reel combo 12 - 14 foot.

Just go buy a $40 rod / reel combo, beach rod/rock fishing rod from Kmart unless you targeting big fish with special rigs and bait for that fish as for casting out long distance,everyone wants to do that,if you can get 100m with your cast your doing unreal,even spinning for surface fish with good gear,a 100m cast is a good one,a 50m cast off the rocks is plenty,10kg line,ball sinker to a swivel then a 1m trace line of same 10kg line to a 2 or 3 zero suicide hook with a cube of pilchard on it will get you your basic bottom feeder fish or occasional hungry surface fish scouting the bottom out for a feed.Just remember bottom fishing off the rocks you will get some snags.If your intention is to spin for surface fish then you need a rod for spinning/heavy spin rod etc costs about $100 + then you need an egg beater at least 5.1 ratio preferably 7.1 this means for every time your handle turns 1 rotation,your reel turns 5.1, 5 times,7.1, 7 times anything less is useless for spinning off the rocks.Most heavy spin rods are 10ft with a long butt,one piece is better but I got a 2 piece and works fine,most spin rods have high speed runners as well,15kg line will do,40 gram lures,run the line straight to a snap swival wire trace,then if you want to change lures just unsnap and snap a new one on..Anyway depends what your fishing for,so hopefully this will give you a little info,most surface fish will hug the coastline.

Good luck !

Thanks D.G. I ll look forward to it :)

FSU 4120 G -$119 from the big store in Coffs-virtually indestructible and light- I spun the rocks with the glass version for over 20 years- it caught kings to 6 kgs, longtails to 15kgs, about 3000 bonnies, rats, salmon, tailor, spotty macks, striped tuna, throws a 60 gm lure into the next postcode- good Aussie made technology proven over many years.