Port Hacking friday

Oscarthebeagle

With Friday being my  rdo we had planned for  a family boating day but by the  time  errands were done and boat ready the day was  too hot. Left  the  boat  hooked on and went inside for a few hours. By early  arvo the day had cooled slightly and we decided to go. launched the boat at Grays Point just after 3 with the middle child with me. Pumped some  yabbies and started fishing, bites were constant. Mainly bream some whiting all undersize but great fun having trouble keeping the lines in the  water before the next bite  came. Not  big fish but great fun fishing with my nearly 3year old who is starting to get the concept of fishing. Pretty soon it was time to head back to the ramp to pick up my wife and two other kids. 

On the way back notice the fuel light flashing. Being a new boat and not nowing how far i could  push it i had to  get  fuel. left  wife and kids at grays point with the boat and took other  car home to grab my jerry can. 20mins later we were away with  some  spare  fuel.

Got back to lilli pilli, pulled up on the sand and enjoyed the pizza dinner my wife had brought along. After a swim and a play on the sand with the kids we moved over  to  fish for the last hour of daylight.

Bites were as consitant as before but now we could share the hookups between the  4 of us, the 10 month old isn't quite fishing yet although, he does love watching the nippers and soldier crabs crawling around. 

The weather just kept improving and we were treated to a stunning sunset. Ended up  keeping  3 bream, 6 good blue swimmers and one silver biddy (forgot it was in the live bait tank till we got home).

Made back to the ramp without needing the fuel, nice to know far it will go just in case. Pulled the boat out just as the southerly started  to  blow, and took home our 3 very tired children well  past their bedtime.  

Thanks  for reading 

Ash

20161202_195633.jpg

20161203_115128.jpg

Fantastic report Ash!Sounfs like the family had a blast and a great feed there also.

I love the beauty of the port.It feels like your miles from civilisation in places like the upper reaches of the Swa.

The folk that live there are very lucky indeed.

On 06/12/2016 at 3:52 PM, Oscarthebeagle said:

With Friday being my  rdo we had planned for  a family boating day but by the  time  errands were done and boat ready the day was  too hot. Left  the  boat  hooked on and went inside for a few hours. By early  arvo the day had cooled slightly and we decided to go. launched the boat at Grays Point just after 3 with the middle child with me. Pumped some  yabbies and started fishing, bites were constant. Mainly bream some whiting all undersize but great fun having trouble keeping the lines in the  water before the next bite  came. Not  big fish but great fun fishing with my nearly 3year old who is starting to get the concept of fishing. Pretty soon it was time to head back to the ramp to pick up my wife and two other kids. 

On the way back notice the fuel light flashing. Being a new boat and not nowing how far i could  push it i had to  get  fuel. left  wife and kids at grays point with the boat and took other  car home to grab my jerry can. 20mins later we were away with  some  spare  fuel.

Got back to lilli pilli, pulled up on the sand and enjoyed the pizza dinner my wife had brought along. After a swim and a play on the sand with the kids we moved over  to  fish for the last hour of daylight.

Bites were as consitant as before but now we could share the hookups between the  4 of us, the 10 month old isn't quite fishing yet although, he does love watching the nippers and soldier crabs crawling around. 

The weather just kept improving and we were treated to a stunning sunset. Ended up  keeping  3 bream, 6 good blue swimmers and one silver biddy (forgot it was in the live bait tank till we got home).

Made back to the ramp without needing the fuel, nice to know far it will go just in case. Pulled the boat out just as the southerly started  to  blow, and took home our 3 very tired children well  past their bedtime.  

Thanks  for reading 

Ash

20161202_195633.jpg

20161203_115128.jpg

That's a great report!! How did you catch the blue swimmer? On hand lines or trap? 

Cheers

Sam

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 1:35 AM, papafish said:

That's a great report!! How did you catch the blue swimmer? On hand lines or trap? 

Cheers

Sam

Thanks fFor reading

Port Hacking is a beautiful waterway and we are lucky to live 5 mins away. Being able to spend family time on the river was one of the reason for the boat upgrade when child no. 3 came along.

No traps in the Port Hacking, these crabs were caught on line. I just fish a tough bait on a handline in the berly trail while targeting other species. Pull them in slowly and scoop with the net before they let go.

Ash