blackie rock session

cossie

Hello Raiders,

Ist report on site.

Went for a fish yesterday arvo off the rocks.

Actually went to target some bream, and after some heavy burlying and no luck turned to the blackies. Dropped 2 and landed 8. Not a renowned luderick spot but they were there yesterday. All fish caught on weed.

Cheers Cossie

IMG_0881 (Small).JPG

11 minutes ago, jed38 said:

Not a bad 2nd option result.

Yes mate happy with result.

Sneaky spot near Maroubra. They turn up there time to time. Usually reliable for Bream Tarwhine Trevally.

Plenty of wash and cover there yesterday.

1 hour ago, luderick -angler said:

Nice looking fish and nice looking reel got the same one myself! Good going there!

Yeah love the pin. Can't stop collecting also.

looking at the 5 inch model if I can get my hand on one

l

4 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Mate that is an excellent haul, well done! What is the gear that you are using? I'm particularly interested in the centrepin!

Nice stuff!

Mike,

Rod is a 1 piece 3145G

Reel is a 4" trudex, excellent for drifting your bait out. Little bit slower retrieve rate than 4 3/8 Avons but are a better build in my opinion. Both reels easy to pick up online from the uk. I chase blackies,trevally,bream,tarwhine using same set up,rig etc

Just clean after each session,drop of oil on spindle and ready for next session.

Hope this helps.

IMG_0305 (Small).JPG

Nice report and cracking reel. I've got one that I picked up second hand from UK, it was in terrible condition but I cleaned it up , painted it and filed the lineguard lugs off. My son now uses it for blackfish. It's so good that you can still buy these type of reels, perfect for this type of fishing, simple and hard wearing.

18 hours ago, cossie said:

Yeah love the pin. Can't stop collecting also.

looking at the 5 inch model if I can get my hand on one

l

I had the 5.5 bit cumbersome great collectors piece I do have the mark2 in 4.5 and it's the best pin I've owned. In my humble opinion the Trudex is one of the best pins ever made in large numbers. Along with the match aerial and speedia. 

4 hours ago, cossie said:

Mike,

Rod is a 1 piece 3145G

Reel is a 4" trudex, excellent for drifting your bait out. Little bit slower retrieve rate than 4 3/8 Avons but are a better build in my opinion. Both reels easy to pick up online from the uk. I chase blackies,trevally,bream,tarwhine using same set up,rig etc

Just clean after each session,drop of oil on spindle and ready for next session.

Hope this helps.

IMG_0305 (Small).JPG

Interesting, I was also going to ask if you used that setup for the bream/trevs etc. Nice!

How much does one of those centrepins go for?

What length is your rod?

Cheers!

7 hours ago, cossie said:

Yes same set up always, including hook size, float etc. 

You should get a Trudex for 100 posted in good condition.Even less sometimes.

rod is 11 foot 6. 

Hope this helps

Yeah I'm just interested in the gear that you use as I mainly use threadlines although I am starting to branch out.

So do you carry a few different rigs out onto the stones or just use the same hook/float as you would for luderick?

Cool!

Mike

i keep it exactly the same

only problem if blurters are around they often swallow the blackie hook 

only change is bait.I haven't fished bottom for bream etc for about six years now.just burley with bread and small prawn or bread baits on the hook.

great fun on centrepin

Cheers