Last fish for Luderick for this year 2016

blackfish angler

Today the12/12/2016 me and Broomefish went for of last fish for Luderick this year. Day started slow then we got some downs only to see the fish taking only the tails from our weed and no fish .As we were thinking to maybe go home we got some better downs and the fish came . Broometime got a good fish 43cm and I got a 38cm fish . One more each after that so four for the day at lease Broometime got a feed this time as to last fish Eels got into the keepers net . We are not having ago till after Christmas as the Christmas brake .

DSCF5180[1].JPG

DSCF5182[1].JPG

DSCF5178[1].JPG

Edited by blackfish angler

Hey b a,

Thanks for all your blackfishing reports, I get a little envious of you guys when I check your regular fishing reports.

Would like to catch up with guys sometime next year when it cools down a bit, have a fish and chat with a couple of dedicated lovers of the dark art of blackfishing.

Merry Xmas to all

i notice a lot of blackfish fishermen tie a half hitch or two to keep fish in keeper nets an easier way is to cut a one inch cut both sides of a tennis ball and thread rope through    easy to slide up and down to lock fish in hope this helps                                    peter

1 hour ago, luderick59 said:

i notice a lot of blackfish fishermen tie a half hitch or two to keep fish in keeper nets an easier way is to cut a one inch cut both sides of a tennis ball and thread rope through    easy to slide up and down to lock fish in hope this helps                                    peter

That's a good one, I might try that one. It wouldn't be the first time I had to chase half a dozen blackfish around a rock pool after the half hitch came undone :)

12 hours ago, luderick59 said:

Must give this ago Peter thanks for that advice mate .