fisholb

6 hours ago, hhakan said:

i have not found them yet this year. i usually always get a couple chasing kings this time of the year. in saying that i have seen people with them

Hakan

thanks for the info

where did you see the bonito

thanks

22 hours ago, TunaSickle said:

I've trolled the harbour over the last few weeks and not seen any. Plenty of small Tailor. Previous years they have almost been a pest gulping lures.

thanks for the info

seems like the bonito are still too far from sydney

hopefully the bonito will show up next month in numbers

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, fisholb said:

Hi all

Just want to know if anyone out there caught a bonito yet 

Been looking everywhere but havent heard of any reports yet

We usually go to avoca or bass point when targetting bonito using lures 

Thanks in advance 

check this one mate

On 04/01/2017 at 4:44 PM, codymanly said:

Haven't seen any in Sydney yet mate but someone reported a good catch at Avoca quite recently 

My mate went to avoca lately and caught nothing between 5am to 11am...very disappointing...had to travel around 90mins to the spot...

11 hours ago, cos said:

Heaps off the north head of botany bay

Thanks mate...my mate caught some off little bay last week...did u catch some??? Lures or bait??? We use squid skirt on float when targetting the bonito off the rocks or rapala cd7 off the boat...

54 minutes ago, fisholb said:

My mate went to avoca lately and caught nothing between 5am to 11am...very disappointing...had to travel around 90mins to the spot...

I was just there for 5 days with the family. Didn't fish the rocks but they are there just not in great numbers. 

Went there 3 times for a look. 2 of the times it was pretty rough so not many fishing the other time there were about 5 caught with a sixth caught off the point by a guy spinning. 

12 hours ago, cos said:

Heaps off the north head of botany bay

hello COS, is it off the boat or landbased? and where about is the north head of botany bay, couldn't locate on the map, if culd help. thanks

56 minutes ago, Brew said:

I was just there for 5 days with the family. Didn't fish the rocks but they are there just not in great numbers. 

Went there 3 times for a look. 2 of the times it was pretty rough so not many fishing the other time there were about 5 caught with a sixth caught off the point by a guy spinning. 

Thanks mate...what time did you go to the rocks.

1 hour ago, The President said:

Caught several yesterday trolling rapala cd-7 (red head) following feeding birds off North Cronulla near Boat Harbour. 

Thanks for the info mate...bonito loves the cd7...i use the redhead and firetiger...very hard to find the cd7 these days...had to buy some from overseas...

38 minutes ago, Newaz said:

hello COS, is it off the boat or landbased? and where about is the north head of botany bay, couldn't locate on the map, if culd help. thanks

North head is on the left side when you go outside the bay around the nsw golf course...excellent spot landbased is located at little bay but this spot is only recommended to experienced rocks anglers...can be very dangerous for novice anglers...extreme care is highly recommended...