what should i choose

Mongrel baker

G'day guys im just wondering what i should get. BCF have a tld 25, gimbal, and rod combo. the rods of your pick are either a triton 15kg rod or triton 24kg rod.

so i want to but it for sharks, marlin, and any other game fish who take the offering of a big weightless yakka. i cant decide between the 15kg rod or the 24kg rod. should i get the 24kg rod and pair it up with some 15kg braid or 15kg mono. i might also use the rod for a bit of slow trolling a dead bait. 

as i live near the banks ive had a few encounters with some billfish and my dad wouldnt let me use his barra stick for the billies.

thanks in advance

26 minutes ago, Mongrel baker said:

G'day guys im just wondering what i should get. BCF have a tld 25, gimbal, and rod combo. the rods of your pick are either a triton 15kg rod or triton 24kg rod.

so i want to but it for sharks, marlin, and any other game fish who take the offering of a big weightless yakka. i cant decide between the 15kg rod or the 24kg rod. should i get the 24kg rod and pair it up with some 15kg braid or 15kg mono. i might also use the rod for a bit of slow trolling a dead bait. 

as i live near the banks ive had a few encounters with some billfish and my dad wouldnt let me use his barra stick for the billies.

thanks in advance

i dont have sensitive fingers i just jerk the rod alot

most people stick with mono for billfish..if in a club they use pretest line to comply with gfaa and igfa  we fish for fun now and use braid with a 70mtr topshot of mono it gives a stretch factor which negates the violent headshakes and jumps..braid has nil stretch and fished straight to trace can be very hard to stay tight to a beakie.... I personally have copped a couple of floggings when they jump close and shake there head..still fun but not advised for newbies...good luck with the new outfit,,rick

I've knocked over a decent number of beakies on TLD25's matched with 15kg sticks and either 10 or 15kg mono. They'll handle the majority of blacks and striped we get around the banks without too much issue until you can afford to upgrade. The banks isnt overly deep and as long as your boat is mobile enough the 25 should hold enough 15kg for you.

Do yourself a favour and bridle rig with circle hooks, you'll never look back