Boxing Day Bonito

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Caught on a soft plastic on the surface. Heaps of baitfish and water was real blue. Only fish after 2 hours of throwing lures. Great fight on 6kg stiff mono.

IMG_1176.JPG

3 hours ago, Newaz said:

Hey Aeger, where about in Sydney? :)

Newaz, 

There are a few reports of them showing up in small numbers along the Eastern Surburb waters.

I don't have a boat and I don't intend to guide you to any places that would put your life in danger. Hope this help buddy.

Remember safety first. Tight lines.

2 hours ago, IratusEst said:

Newaz, 

There are a few reports of them showing up in small numbers along the Eastern Surburb waters.

I don't have a boat and I don't intend to guide you to any places that would put your life in danger. Hope this help buddy.

Remember safety first. Tight lines.

You are right mate. Safety comes 1st.

I am looking for spots to target salmon bonito kingie as i usually fish bass point and its too far. :)

12 hours ago, Newaz said:

You are right mate. Safety comes 1st.

I am looking for spots to target salmon bonito kingie as i usually fish bass point and its too far. :)

I've not heard of a single thing come out of bassy for a couple of weeks.. They're sure taking their time this year. So many people fishing though. It's kinda scary watching 5 taragos pull up packed to the gunwales with punters and gear..

52 minutes ago, tilt said:

I've not heard of a single thing come out of bassy for a couple of weeks.. They're sure taking their time this year. So many people fishing though. It's kinda scary watching 5 taragos pull up packed to the gunwales with punters and gear..

True...I have been fishing there for last 1 month on regular basis..all I got was 2-3 salmon.. its too far for me to drive there from Sydney.. wondering few spots within 1 hr drive for these fisho :)

• 1 month later...

Plenty of bonito out at broken bay. Trolled last 2 trips for a few hours and picked up 2 and 5 the second day. All in the 45cm to 60cm range. Used 3in Xmas trees, orange colour was the best.

IMG_20170127_133134.jpg

Edited by mully