Flatties in heavy traffic

jenno64

Woke a bit late and had the yak in about 8:30am. I was hoping for a feed to take home for a BBQ coming up. Picked up a couple of poddies near the ramp (for later on), headed out for troll in the shallows and picked up a nice flatty on a resurrected HB that I coated with my wife's pink nail polish!

Flatty on hb 55cm.jpg

I was waiting for the tide to start running a bit harder before dropping the liveys down and the boats & jet skis were getting fairly thick all around the river. After a few more runs, the flats weren't producing so I headed over to my deep water spot, lined up my landmarks and dropped the first livey down. It lasted all of two seconds and I brought up a very feisty flatty of 65cm.

65cm flatty on livey.jpg

One more livey and one more drop, pretty much as soon as I felt the sinker dropper on the bottom; sure enough another good flatty of 58cm. With no more livies, I did another drift with my Samaki Thumper Tail vibe and didn't have to wait long before another flatty of 57cm. These three fish came from the same hole, in the space of 10 minutes and in the full view of marauding jet skis and wake boarders! With a feed on ice I headed into shore. Pretty happy with the fast a furious action.

Four for a feed.jpg

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Woke a bit late and had the yak in about 8:30am. I was hoping for a feed to take home for a BBQ coming up. Picked up a couple of poddies near the ramp (for later on), headed out for troll in the shallows and picked up a nice flatty on a resurrected HB that I coated with my wife's pink nail polish!

Flatty on hb 55cm.jpg

I was waiting for the tide to start running a bit harder before dropping the liveys down and the boats & jet skis were getting fairly thick all around the river. After a few more runs, the flats weren't producing so I headed over to my deep water spot, lined up my landmarks and dropped the first livey down. It lasted all of two seconds and I brought up a very feisty flatty of 65cm.

65cm flatty on livey.jpg

One more livey and one more drop, pretty much as soon as I felt the sinker dropper on the bottom; sure enough another good flatty of 58cm. With no more livies, I did another drift with my Samaki Thumper Tail vibe and didn't have to wait long before another flatty of 57cm. These three fish came from the same hole, in the space of 10 minutes and in the full view of marauding jet skis and wake boarders! With a feed on ice I headed into shore. Pretty happy with the fast a furious action.

Four for a feed.jpg

Awesome day mate ! I try and do a bit of kayak fishing myself but I don't often know where to go only down windang. What area did you go kayak fishing in, no asking for the spot only the area ?

Cheers ! Kaneo 

Must have felt good to bring in such beaut specimens with an audience there to show off your skills!

Great work, some real nice sized fish there. I'm also interested to know what area you are fishing if you don't mind sharing.

Top stuff!

Good report as usual jenno ...yes the jet skis are a nuisance but it seems you know where to  always find the fish, I'm going out for a lazy flick now, I will grab some livies at the ramp and TRY and repeat your effort. Hopefully the jetskis stay way down river. Keep your reports coming.

2 hours ago, Ribs said:

Good report as usual jenno ...yes the jet skis are a nuisance but it seems you know where to  always find the fish, I'm going out for a lazy flick now, I will grab some livies at the ramp and TRY and repeat your effort. Hopefully the jetskis stay way down river. Keep your reports coming.

I had some good reports from up your way too. Get out there, they are pretty cooperative atm:)

10 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Must have felt good to bring in such beaut specimens with an audience there to show off your skills!

Great work, some real nice sized fish there. I'm also interested to know what area you are fishing if you don't mind sharing.

Top stuff!

Georges River and Botany Bay

Thanks mate, I spent 3 hrs yesterday mucking around with my little boat, then off to Miranda to watch sing at the movies with kids, Bugga that ? ! too hot today but next week I will be out there daily, might see u out there mate.