Boat flooring?

Fab1

In between hospital visits I've been trying to keep busy and have a heap of 10mm diamond plate interlocking flooring I may install in my boat to get rid of the carpet for easier cleaning.

My concerns are,it will be hot(when bare foot),slippery when wet.What are your thoughts?I know some of you guys have installed Regupol flooring but I just want to make use of what I have.

No big deal if it's no good I'll just keep the carpet for now and use the flooring for my home gym or out in the shed.

Thanks guys.image.jpg

In my opinion I'd say no, as the added weight and the hassle of lifting it out to clean under it as to glue it down will leave air and water access that will be harder to clean. I had carpet in the cockpit of my last boat for 10 years of fishing skiing eating and drinking with no smell at all. Just a bucket of suds at the end of each ( well most ) outings:D

Hope this helps

Btw that boat is now 32 years old with the same carpet

On 2 January 2017 at 6:47 PM, DrownNprawns said:

In my opinion I'd say no, as the added weight and the hassle of lifting it out to clean under it as to glue it down will leave air and water access that will be harder to clean. I had carpet in the cockpit of my last boat for 10 years of fishing skiing eating and drinking with no smell at all. Just a bucket of suds at the end of each ( well most ) outings:D

Hope this helps

Btw that boat is now 32 years old with the same carpet

That was pretty much my thoughts too as the buggers are quite heavy.Not to worry I'll use them elsewhere.