Fishing holiday, ocean front accommodation NSW south coast

Milt

Hi all,

Could any of you suggest some great ocean front accommodation along the NSW south coast that has great surf /rock fishing options, within waking distance of the property? The time of the year that it fishes best, would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Milt

Hi Milt, 

With the description you have given, the first place that came to mind was Kiama.

Good fishing under the lighthouse near the blowhole and within easy walking distance to the centre of Kiama.

Edited by Sigma

Hmmmm.... I heard Tathra is another good spot where they catch tuna and other large predators from the wharf. Has a heap of holiday cabins, across the road from the beach and is walking distance to the wharf. There are rock ledges nearby but have never fished from there.

Don't overlook Currarong (technically north of Jervis Bay). As this list is long it may not appear helpful but it is all valid.Pretty much anywhere from Bendalong down to Pretty Beach (South of Bawley Point). A few places in between in rough north to south order: Manyana, Cunjurong Point, Lake Conjola, Narrawallee, Mollymook, Ulladulla (there are a few beaches), Burrill Lake, Lake Tabourie, Bawley Point, Kiola, Merry Beach. Pretty much most of these will have beach and rock fishing options within walking distance of some type of accommodation, often a choice of caravan park (with camping to cabins) or residential type houses.

I know that the options continue pretty similar the whole way down the coast but this list is the extent of places i have actually spent any time down there. 

Hopefully JonD will weigh in on this for you.

Dolphin Point holiday park has cabins facing the channel and sea

Rock ledges and beach fishing

Summer: Bream Flathead monster whiting off the beach summer

Winter: Jews off the beach and black fish and drummer off the rock platform off bonito ave x seaside pde

Channel and Lake: fishes well in summer, Nippers in the channel

Dogbox

18 hours ago, shakey55 said:

Not sure what accommodation you want, but there is cabin style accommodation with nearby beach and rock fishing at both.

BENDALONG, NSW

https://bendalongpoint.holidayhaven.com.au/

SOUTH DURRAS, NSW

https://www.murramarangresort.com.au/

I'll second bendalong. 

Ocean ramp needs a good 4wd for launch and recovery. There are lots of rock ledges, sandy beach and surf beach all within walking distance. 

22 hours ago, Sigma said:

Hmmmm.... I heard Tathra is another good spot where they catch tuna and other large predators from the wharf. Has a heap of holiday cabins, across the road from the beach and is walking distance to the wharf. There are rock ledges nearby but have never fished from there.

Just got back.

Few hours further south but worth the drive if you go for more than a few days.