Sunday off Sydney

GordoRetired

Had a rather late start on Sunday, not getting on the water till around 10.30, terrible.

Headed out off Curl Curl on Iggys reef. Could not believe how much current was running, even with a decent amount of lead we had our lines way out back.

Fished with pillies, and were soon into some undersized Snapper, that irritating size where you know that baked whole it would be a great meal, but the rules are the rules, so back they go.

Hooked into a couple of very big Sargent Baker, one going over 60cm.

Then I scored the first of the nice Snappers. This was followed by a few more throw backs untill my Son hooked up to another nice fish.

Overall not a lot of fish caught but enought to make it interesting, a PB Snapper for me and a PB for my Son.

Snapper Jan 2017.JPG

Edited by GordoRetired
typo

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Well done to you both! A shame you didn't put the baker on the mat as I think the record is 51cm! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Wish I had measured it because I am sure it was around 60cm, it was certianly the biggest one I have ever seen....

13 hours ago, Rock&Beach said:

Great fish Gordo. Hmmmm very tasty. 

They sure were tasty :-)

11 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Couple of nice fish there and some quality time out with the young fella! Good stuff.

Thanks Mike, time with my son like that is golden. :-)

3 hours ago, Wellzy94 said:

I've seen a few large bakers too, recently! A mate had one take a 40cm live yakka, whole.

Some nice snapper, and congrats on the PBs!

Cheers,

Wellzy

Thanks Wellzy