Land based Jew - cracked my first meter!

mitchie18092

I'm supplying this video to gather feedback regarding the fight to confirm for us the likely potential species and size. I was with Michie the night he landed the bigger of the Jews and was amazed at his success that continued through the week - definitely noteworthy conditions.

I don't believe it is a kingfish because the runs are not long continuous and powerful which is in my oppinion typical when hooked up to them from a wharf, it definitely isn't a shark either because they would have clean bitten through the leader.

The runs become shorter and there are tell-tale head shakes (called and evidently seen in the rod) followed by the pauses and then the new runs are all signs of another nice Jewy. I haven't hooked that many off wharves before but I am interested in posing the question to you, as to just how big you think the fish might have been?

If any details regarding the outfit used are needed, they could be provided. Just after your thoughts, that's all, before we head out and try and land this bad boy or one of it's larger friends.

IMG_0320.mp4

Edited by plankton