Swimming spots in the Hawkesbury

jeffb5.8

11 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Hi all

might be hitting the Hawkesbury tomorrow in the boat and was looking for good places to pull up and let the kids go for a swim.

do I head to Patonga or palm beach or just pick one of the bay's?

Clareville in Pittwater is very popular with kids and boats.

Great Mackerill Beach near The Basin is nice also.

Patonga is ok in the shallow areas however I wouldn't let the kids go too deep as the sharks hang around the trawlers for a free feed.

I usually pick one of the small beaches between Jerusalem Bay and Patonga as they are less crowded and you can have a fish while the kids swim.

Enjoy your day.

Hi Guys;

Personally I would NOT swim in Pittwater this  time of year anywhere that was not netted.

The Basin is ideal for swimming behind the net.

Also behind the net on the flats is a good spot to chuck a lure if it is not crowded.

Over the years I fished around there before moving to Tassie I have seen numerous sharks.

One year I was in my boat in Towlers  Bay spinning the flats on the south western side in about 2 metres of water and there was a Tiger shark on there of rather large proportions.

My tinnie at that time was 3.5 metres and there was half a metre of shark either end of me!!:o

It frightens me the amount of people that take their kids to McCarrs Creek reserve and allow them to swim.

Ideal bronze Whaler water.

Still, deep and plenty of food.

Also remember that the Mullet are now starting to school up to run to sea.

The Noahs have known about this for a few thousand years and I don't really think they will change their minds now.:lol:

Cheers.

Roger.

17 hours ago, Oldfella said:

Hi Guys;

Personally I would NOT swim in Pittwater this  time of year anywhere that was not netted.

The Basin is ideal for swimming behind the net.

Also behind the net on the flats is a good spot to chuck a lure if it is not crowded.

Over the years I fished around there before moving to Tassie I have seen numerous sharks.

One year I was in my boat in Towlers  Bay spinning the flats on the south western side in about 2 metres of water and there was a Tiger shark on there of rather large proportions.

My tinnie at that time was 3.5 metres and there was half a metre of shark either end of me!!:o

It frightens me the amount of people that take their kids to McCarrs Creek reserve and allow them to swim.

Ideal bronze Whaler water.

Still, deep and plenty of food.

Also remember that the Mullet are now starting to school up to run to sea.

The Noahs have known about this for a few thousand years and I don't really think they will change their minds now.:lol:

Cheers.

Roger.

I reckon Mackeral Beach is fine- you can see very clearly there- agree with lots of other parts of the Hawkesbury being full of sharks - seen a few this year already- all in Cowan