Terrigal Fad 15/01

tyrone07

So as anticipated headed to the Terrigal Fad this morning, unable to find any slimeys which we have been finding pretty easily before, anyhow filled the live well fairly easily with small yakkas, with little micro tailor making a pest of themselves constantly biting off the hooks on the sabiki. Anyhow headed to the fad in not the best conditions with the Sou westerly blowing harder the forecast and the current ripping to the south at the fad the waves were standing up in all directions which was less then ideal in my 5.5meter centre console. Only two other boats out once we worked out our drift it wasn't long before we were hooking up and all we could manage all morning was small dollys. Hitting plastics, liveys you name it but cld not find any better fish. Very frustrating when one of the other boats hooked the fad twice whilst trolling and drove right over the top of it to retrieve their lures which put the schools right off. Gave up after a couple of hours, once we came in conditions were perfect so jigged a few reefs I'd had success a couple of weeks ago on kings for zilch, although was finding some solid bait and marks we couldn't tempt them. Back again to do it all again soo 

11 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Do you have the minn Kota ulterra on the front and the yammie on the back? 

Gday mate that's the one were you out yesterday? Going to shoot out now quickly before the nor Easter hopefully find some kings 

Guest Guest123456789
2 hours ago, tyrone07 said:

Gday mate that's the one were you out yesterday? Going to shoot out now quickly before the nor Easter hopefully find some kings 

Saw you at the ramp I was with my son. You have to share a pic of your boat in the

members boats section it's the most desirable boat I've seen at the ramp.

4 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Saw you at the ramp I was with my son. You have to share a pic of your boat in the

members boats section it's the most desirable boat I've seen at the ramp.

Cheers mate, I can't seem to make the pics small enough on my iPhone to upload unfortunately, found some good schools of Mac tuna today in nice and close today good fun on light gear

Guest Guest123456789
7 minutes ago, tyrone07 said:

Cheers mate, I can't seem to make the pics small enough on my iPhone to upload unfortunately, found some good schools of Mac tuna today in nice and close today good fun on light gear

Nice.

You didn't hit the ramp with your outboard today did you? I've done that myself, the ramp is bloody terrible. It's already cracked, I was looking at it today I don't think it's going to last more than 2 years the next big swell that washes over the top is going to break it in half

1 hour ago, flatheadluke said:

Nice.

You didn't hit the ramp with your outboard today did you? I've done that myself, the ramp is bloody terrible. It's already cracked, I was looking at it today I don't think it's going to last more than 2 years the next big swell that washes over the top is going to break it in half

Nah mate I was all good just have to get in the water to get it in, yeah it's a shocker in the nor Easter makes it very difficult especially with the surge, not much they can do about it unfortunately, there's better ramps in brissy waters but I just like the convenience of Terrigal, guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Guest Guest123456789
3 hours ago, tyrone07 said:

Nah mate I was all good just have to get in the water to get it in, yeah it's a shocker in the nor Easter makes it very difficult especially with the surge, not much they can do about it unfortunately, there's better ramps in brissy waters but I just like the convenience of Terrigal, guess you have to take the good with the bad.

God it's a bad design it's like the engineers who designed it have never used a boat ramp, let alone the old one at terrigal. The stairs are underwater! It's way too big, like I said the next big swell is going to do some serious damage. At low tide you can already hear water underneath the the concrete.

It has completely wrecked fishing at the haven. All that food rich sand at the front of marine rescue has washed away, there are F all fish now in the pocket, just a bunch of newly exposed rocks and that filthy murky water. Even the rays have buggered off.

21 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

God it's a bad design it's like the engineers who designed it have never used a boat ramp, let alone the old one at terrigal. The stairs are underwater! It's way too big, like I said the next big swell is going to do some serious damage. At low tide you can already hear water underneath the the concrete.

It has completely wrecked fishing at the haven. All that food rich sand at the front of marine rescue has washed away, there are F all fish now in the pocket, just a bunch of newly exposed rocks and that filthy murky water. Even the rays have buggered off.

Mate could not have said it better myself, I'm not sure if you have noticed to the left of the ramp also there are large rocks, boulders which they have seem to have been left behind no doubt damaged many a prop.