Botany Shark claims its first victim

GoingFishing

I was there last Friday with my 5 year old boy and our 1 year old bulldog, lucky she can't swim to well and stays close to shore .... However I did notice a lot of bait being harrassed just off the boat ramp, plenty of bust ups I assumed tailor, I reckon swim nets around the dog beach will be appreciated by everyone, as I bet that shark won't forget that spot and he will return . 

Wouldn't go panicking, it's not as if dogs or people are getting taken that regularly. I would be more concerned about my whole family getting killed or injured as we drive to the beach by some idiot under some kind of influence ( drug or alcohol ).

Most people who know me would know our family are in the water year round in some of the sharkiest parts of the coast and rarely experiance any hassle from sharks. By the way I do hate saying that as it always seems like we are tempting fate!!!..but trufully we are in their enviroment so must expectect the odd accident.

Edited by JonD

On 1 March 2017 at 1:07 PM, JonD said:

Wouldn't go panicking, it's not as if dogs or people are getting taken that regularly. I would be more concerned about my whole family getting killed or injured as we drive to the beach by some idiot under some kind of influence ( drug or alcohol ).

Most people who know me would know our family are in the water year round in some of the sharkiest parts of the coast and rarely experiance any hassle from sharks. By the way I do hate saying that as it always seems like we are tempting fate!!!..but trufully we are in their enviroment so must expectect the odd accident.

I agree the chances are worse off on land !!

certainly wasnt trying to invoke panic or fear of sharks, like you i also beleive that when were in their environment those kinds of incidents are bound to happen. 

Just raising awareness particularly for those who have children who swim in the area.

PS, read a report from a charter who operates in the bay and the sharks are still  around, more kings being taken at Mlnx Pt. 

Edited by GoingFishing