Bass fishing Blackfisho

Ozzybass

I've been lurking here for a few years even though I am active on other bass fishing or kayak fishing sites.  I'm not JUST a bass fisho or yak fisho as I like all sorts of fishing from the aforementioned to flatty jigging on foot, spinning for bream, trevally, whiting & sambos, other native freshwater fish and BLACKFISHING.

I've decided to say a proper "hello" as Fishraider is the only site I use that has regular posts from awesome luderick fishers.  I used to only chase blackfish for 3 or 4 months and only in one spot over the winter months but in the last few years I have expanded my blackfishing horizons not only in the number of locations, but my blackfish "season" also keeps extending.  I prefer ocean or semi-ocean rocks with cabbage for bait, but have since also been chasing them in the Harbour and west of the Bridge.  I am far from being an expert but I really enjoy my blackfishing.  Its "back-to-basics" fishing which can be frustrating at times (like all fishing) but is a welcome break from all the lurefishing that I normally do.  Blackfishing would be the only time I would use bait except for the very occasional carp session.  I like eating blackfish too.

My club mate is the Macman who is well known to Fishraider and an expert blackfisho who, I am proud to add, I have helped in his development as a bass fisho.  Matt and I don't get out blackfishing together often enough with so many competing fishy targets to chase!  I enjoy and value the blackfishing posts from the regulars and I hope to contribute some posts on this subject in the near future especially as my focus at this time of year is already turning from bass to bream and blackfish.  May your floats keep going down!

6 minutes ago, Ozzybass said:

I've been lurking here for a few years even though I am active on other bass fishing or kayak fishing sites.  I'm not JUST a bass fisho or yak fisho as I like all sorts of fishing from the aforementioned to flatty jigging on foot, spinning for bream, trevally, whiting & sambos, other native freshwater fish and BLACKFISHING.

I've decided to say a proper "hello" as Fishraider is the only site I use that has regular posts from awesome luderick fishers.  I used to only chase blackfish for 3 or 4 months and only in one spot over the winter months but in the last few years I have expanded my blackfishing horizons not only in the number of locations, but my blackfish "season" also keeps extending.  I prefer ocean or semi-ocean rocks with cabbage for bait, but have since also been chasing them in the Harbour and west of the Bridge.  I am far from being an expert but I really enjoy my blackfishing.  Its "back-to-basics" fishing which can be frustrating at times (like all fishing) but is a welcome break from all the lurefishing that I normally do.  Blackfishing would be the only time I would use bait except for the very occasional carp session.  I like eating blackfish too.

My club mate is the Macman who is well known to Fishraider and an expert blackfisho who, I am proud to add, I have helped in his development as a bass fisho.  Matt and I don't get out blackfishing together often enough with so many competing fishy targets to chase!  I enjoy and value the blackfishing posts from the regulars and I hope to contribute some posts on this subject in the near future especially as my focus at this time of year is already turning from bass to bream and blackfish.  May your floats keep going down!

Welcome to the flock

Welcome Ozzy!

Not as many posts recently as there used to be, on my part that is due to family commitments getting in the way of fishing somewhat. However it's also due in part to a lack of success when I have dropped a float in the water!

cheers, stu.

11 hours ago, luderick -angler said:

Macman's a trip guy! I have known him for a while! Knows his stuff! If your fishing west of the bridge no doubt you will run into me and the lads! 

You've got yourself a new serial pest Royce! Seriously though Ozzybass has taught me well on bass fishing for the last few years. I've had great enjoyment with the bass fishing along with modest success!