Brooker435

Hi Raiders,

After about 3 months, I thought it was about time to get the boat out for a run.

Not feeling like going too far, I decided to go for a run and maybe a fish in my local waters (Chippo Lakes)

Decided on the ramp near the soccer fields as its usually very quiet,

Was on the water by about 11am going solo and not knowing the ramp I had to think it through as the ramp had no pontoon or sandy area to beach the boat as I normally rope the boat off the trailer to the pontoon tie off etc.

not to be deterred I decided to tie it to a tree secure it and park the trailer, the only issue I was yet to find out was how shallow it was as when I trimmed the motor down it hit the bottom... doh!!!

anyway this was solved by pushing off with one of my oars, job done!!! boat started first go after 3 months Happy days and I was off.

Gave it a very good run for at least 45 mins with the sounder on having a good look around at the structure and anything else that was of interest.

Tried fishing a few spots south of the bridge that I believe is governor Macquarie Drive.

Plenty of fish showing on the sounder and a few bites but unfortunately the jet-skiers kept coming past and spooking the fish,

after several attempts at a few spots the sun got the better of me and I was starting to get a headache so I pulled the pin around 2pm.

I was happy with the outing regardless as Its only a 20min drive and I gave the boat a very good run.

Will be back to try it again as it looks quite promising  maybe after a few weeks as the water was still quite filthy from the recent rain.

Sorry raiders no pics and no fish caught but I just felt the need to share my outing with you all anyway.

Hopefully my next outing is a little more productive, but we all say that :)!!!!!

Tight lines,

Regards,

Nathan

Edited by beginner

Yes it was awesome to go out, I also could not believe how good the boat goes with just me aboard lol my little Tohatsu 15HP sure gets moving when there's not much weight!!

Ill have to video it next time I am out!!

Regards,

Nathan