Port Hacking - brown water

Yowie

Headed out early this morning, to the deeper water out from Lilli Pilli. Water was brown and very murky, visibility only a few feet down.

As you can see from the photo, not much to take home.

The fish took fish strips, the mack tuna took a pillie just under the boat. As with the tuna, they sometimes swim around and around, and this one swam around the anchor rope and just kept going. I pulled up the rope a little bit, and the tuna was still swimming flat chat around the rope, 10  times or more before I could grab the line and haul him in.

I had just hauled him on board, then the yakka line took off ( 6 pound handline and a little hook ) and eventually pulled up a kingie about 50 cm.

Only 2 yakkas caught, the small one out as a livie and the other cut up into strips. The livie swam about for a little while, I could see the rod tip bouncing indicating he was swimming o.k., then the line went slack. Wound in to find the yakka gone, along with 2 x 6/0 hooks, 40cm of heavier mono and the swivel. Something with big teeth, as the line was frayed a bit. Did not take any line off the reel.

Plenty of little reddies and trumpeters taking the baits.

Packed up and headed for home. As I was passing near Lilli Pilli bathes, a lady was swimming freestyle outside the baths, wearing a wet suit, snorkel, flippers and mask. I would not swim outside the bathes on most days, and especially not in murky water.

fish.jpeg.96.png

23 hours ago, Yowie said:

Headed out early this morning, to the deeper water out from Lilli Pilli. Water was brown and very murky, visibility only a few feet down.

As you can see from the photo, not much to take home.

The fish took fish strips, the mack tuna took a pillie just under the boat. As with the tuna, they sometimes swim around and around, and this one swam around the anchor rope and just kept going. I pulled up the rope a little bit, and the tuna was still swimming flat chat around the rope, 10  times or more before I could grab the line and haul him in.

I had just hauled him on board, then the yakka line took off ( 6 pound handline and a little hook ) and eventually pulled up a kingie about 50 cm.

Only 2 yakkas caught, the small one out as a livie and the other cut up into strips. The livie swam about for a little while, I could see the rod tip bouncing indicating he was swimming o.k., then the line went slack. Wound in to find the yakka gone, along with 2 x 6/0 hooks, 40cm of heavier mono and the swivel. Something with big teeth, as the line was frayed a bit. Did not take any line off the reel.

Plenty of little reddies and trumpeters taking the baits.

Packed up and headed for home. As I was passing near Lilli Pilli bathes, a lady was swimming freestyle outside the baths, wearing a wet suit, snorkel, flippers and mask. I would not swim outside the bathes on most days, and especially not in murky water.

fish.jpeg.96.png

No matter the conditions or colour of the water you always do ok mate.Well done!Im with you in regards to swimming outside the baths.I assume if you do it often enough it wouldn't take long to disappear with the things with teeth lurking around there.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, Fab1 said:

No matter the conditions or colour of the water you always do ok mate.Well done!Im with you in regards to swimming outside the baths.I assume if you do it often enough it wouldn't take long to disappear with the things with teeth lurking around there.

Cheers.

At least there was something to take home.