Midday beach session -Wanda Beach

wchh

Fished from 10am to 1pm to cover the midday high tide on Saturday. Was thinking to get a few darts which I recently found pretty good eating. End result was not according to the plan but I am not complaining. 

For those interested in trying different bait for flatheads, I found two small crabs in the stomach of the 39cm blue spotted.

Tailor not huge but good eating size of 33-35cm.

Charles

IMG_5474.JPG

Edited by wchh
Add photo

Mate thats an awesome feed u got there great work. Flatties will eat just about anything! I met an indigenous local at foster once who told me he wraps aluminium foil and a feather around a hook and would cast and retrieve in the surf and swore it worked like dynamite. 

how are the dart for eating, Any fish u could compare it to?

Nice one wchh.

Im kicking myself for not fishing wanda at all over the.summer but then the spare time I have is spent in the tinny.

Where abouts were these caught?

I want to try down near greenhills next time I go.

I even bought a new light  surf outfit in the xmas sales & it hasnt even been christened yet :(

Edited by kingie chaser

18 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Mate thats an awesome feed u got there great work. Flatties will eat just about anything! I met an indigenous local at foster once who told me he wraps aluminium foil and a feather around a hook and would cast and retrieve in the surf and swore it worked like dynamite. 

My great uncle was a pro fisherman and would troll in the Swan River for tailor (for bait) using a strip of bedsheet on ganged hooks, dipped in tuna oil. No info on the thread count.

21 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

I cook them whole. To me they are similar to small trevs or the more Asian fish pormfret.

Charles