Fishing The Georges / Botany Bay At Night....

landlubber

Hello Lads,

My cousin and i will be breaking out the Boat tommorow night, putting in at Como and heading out to the Bay.Neither of us have much experience of night fishing in the bay, and i would be very grateful for any tips, was thinking of heading out towards the hot water outlet, and berleying up but as yet the plans are no more developed than that.

Cheers

Rob

Hello Lads,

My cousin and i will be breaking out the Boat tommorow night, putting in at Como and heading out to the Bay.Neither of us have much experience of night fishing in the bay, and i would be very grateful for any tips, was thinking of heading out towards the hot water outlet, and berleying up but as yet the plans are no more developed than that.

Cheers

Rob

Try under tom ugly's or captain cooks for jew... should do well

I would go to the captain cook bridge and spin up some squid on the northern side and then go to the captain cook bridge hole and send them out as live bait and strip baits. With your spin sticks work the plastics as well you should pick up a feed of flattys and some jewies if there on the bight.

I would do the same at the hot water outlet but cast the plastics into the outlet and work them back slowly

Good luck. If you are going in the future and want you own personal guide give myself or crazyfisherdude a PM we will be more than happy to help out :biggrin2:

so where's the report?

G'day Crazed,

Put in about 7 or so, headed straight out to Cap'n Cook, hung around for about 45 mins for a small chopper......some punter's 1972 chrysler outboard had packed it in so we gave him a tow back to tom ugly's ramp - but not even an offer of a six pack the bludger :ranting2:

Anyway, seeing the new fish finder wasnt working just did a bit of drifting in front of the novotel for a good sized flattie, a 36cm whiting and piles of throw back size snapper. Not a bad night, we just have to get this fish finder working so the time can be spent more productively.

Cheers

Rob