Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning to beat the Easter rush time.

Fished a bit out from Lilli Pilli, tailor on the pillies, and the only 3 tailor bites at that. Tried strip baits and picked up the small blue spot flattie, not much else about, no crabs either. Hooked onto something better, but when I pulled up a shovelnose about the metre long mark, decided it was time to leave. Hardly a fish jumping, apart from some mullet in the shallows.fish.jpeg.99.png

Down to Maianbar to pump some nippers, tried around there for a stingray and a long tom just under the 60cm mark, which was released, Not a whiting to be seen.

Drifted in other spots for the 3 duskies, also bitten off by a few tailor in water not much more than a metre deep. Tailor do like nippers at times and did not land one. Headed home after that.

Thank you all. Good luck for those of you heading out over the weekend.

Water still has a little bit of colour up from Lilli Pilli. The run up tides are pushing up clean water, but the deep water takes a while to clear, however, it is a good fishing colour.

Landed more tailor off the Waverley Cemetery to Vaucluse area on Thursday  than I can remember. Plenty of fish on the sounder but they weren't particularly hungry. The current was going against the wind making for. Very slow drift. At least we finally got out on the water!

18 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Great bag as always Yowie

do u commonly find the blue spots inside the hacking or is this rare?

I pull out the odd one now and then, no big ones like outside. Up to about 45cm, but most are a little bit over or just under legal size - 33cm. One morning I managed 3, but 2 were undersized.

17 hours ago, p-ziller said:

Good work mate!

I couldn't find a flatty today. Lots of activity though.

Cheers,

Paul.

Too many other boats for my liking over any weekend, especially a long weekend.

The flatties were in shallow water over the sand banks.