Squid tubes

Fab1

Hi Fabian,

Yes, I have caught plenty of kings and Jews over the years on fish shop squid ( Mainly when the bite was hot anyway) but they are down the list on my preferences (below) which I am sure most will agree with.

Live squid, recently dead squid , frozen shortly after death squid, fresh fish Shop Squid, Frozen Bait squid.

BTW, I have tried the method of dying squid using purple or red  food coloring. I have to say it was hit and miss... it seemed to work an absolute treat when I first tried it but the results have been less impressive in subsequent tests and it makes a terrible mess of the hands and anything else it comes into contact with.

Cheers

Jim

I tried Woolworth cleaned squid tubes several times in the past. They were left untouched even by usual pickers.

Just wondering if anyone tried pieces of large arrow squid from fish shops as a bait?

6 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Hi Fabian,

Yes, I have caught plenty of kings and Jews over the years on fish shop squid ( Mainly when the bite was hot anyway) but they are down the list on my preferences (below) which I am sure most will agree with.

Live squid, recently dead squid , frozen shortly after death squid, fresh fish Shop Squid, Frozen Bait squid.

BTW, I have tried the method of dying squid using purple or red  food coloring. I have to say it was hit and miss... it seemed to work an absolute treat when I first tried it but the results have been less impressive in subsequent tests and it makes a terrible mess of the hands and anything else it comes into contact with.

Cheers

Jim

That's one extensive list you have there mate.And I agree you can't beat live or fresh anything.Just saw one of the fishing gurus mentioning the squid tubes that's all.