Loooongtail

xerotao

1 hour ago, Short said:

What kind of retrieve got him? Were you going flat out or lift and drop etc? Trebles or assist hooks?

Got him with a lift and drop shore jigging style. As for the jig i have 2 straight single jig hooks on the back. Unsure of size most likely a 3/0 decoy or owner

5 hours ago, Short said:

Epic catch mate! I've been spinning/jigging from the rocks a bit over the last few month but only got bonnies, frigates, mac tuna, tailor, salmon so far. Still waiting for something bigger to come along.

What kind of retrieve got him? Were you going flat out or lift and drop etc? Trebles or assist hooks?

Always fun sending metals out to the horizon and back 100's of times in a session!

Would have to be "slow-jigged" with that gear, very similar to verticle jigging for reefies etc but slower with more of a pause between lifts. Usually get hit on the drop, got a few snapper using this technique last weekend. Great fun!

Oh and jigs don't work with trebles, gotta be assists or the fluttering action gets thrown out

Edited by Adsy91
Forgot something at the end

5 hours ago, xerotao said:

Got him with a lift and drop shore jigging style. As for the jig i have 2 straight single jig hooks on the back. Unsure of size most likely a 3/0 decoy or owner

Nice one will have to give it another crack once this swell backs off...

Guest Guest123456789

Nice lure. A couple of the old boys and I saw them busting up on the surface yesterday afternoon in close.