Red and White feathered Jig - Mulloway

macca02

I've read/heard about an older technique using a "red & white feathered jig" which would be used for spinning for jew from headlands during flood events.

Has anyone had any experience with this, and are these lures still available?
I'm guessing most would spin with Plastics/Hard Bodies now, though this has got me interested and something that i'd like to give a crack!

Cheers,

Macca.

Macca.

I have not caught any on feather jigs but several on hard bodies in red and white patterns. I know a couple of places up the coast where mullet will school usually in the colder months. I have best results at the bottom end of run out tide and in the dark phase of the moon.

We aslo used to live bait on boby corks off stockton brea1k wall during flood. The dark water ran out hard and usually the current went south so cleaner water was on the north side of the wall. Live baits into the clearer water usually resulted in jew or sharks.

I used to make my own frather jigs  ..I use red and white skirt material and large bean sinkers ..tey work I caught a 26kg jew off box head in flood.. ive caught heaps on nobbys and Stockton walls in dirty water..chair legs and other stickbaits work also the new ranges of large placcies..rick