New Boat Arrives

Diane

Just picked up our new Quintrex 5.1 Bowrider with bimini, extended front canopy and 90hp e-tec motor. Wont be able to put it in the water for another week due to moving house from Sydney to Dora Creek but cant wait until we can. Had to share our good news with you all!!

Diane

Guest bluecod

Moving to Dora Creek sounds like a good move Diane. :thumbup:

After you've taken the boat for a run and got bored with the new lifestyle can you come back to Sydney and finish unpacking our house - the wife won't do it and its only been six years :1yikes: That part of it I don't envy you, but I won't hold my breath waiting for ours to get finished either :074::074:

BTW Congrats on the new boat ! :thumbup:

Edited by bluecod

Don't you mean Morriset Joe?

I'd place Dora Ck Between Morriset and Toronto on the western side of Lake Macquarie.

Yep, that's right, Dora Creek is near Morisset - we are about 2km from Lake Macquarie by boat.

Diane

Dora creek runs into Lake Macquarie right opposite Pulbar Island which is the large island in the middle.

Your in a great spot there mate just in time for Blue Swimmer season.

I fish the part where the creek enters the lake for Flatties.

Regards :1fishing1:

Dora creek runs into Lake Macquarie right opposite Pulbar Island which is the large island in the middle.

Your in a great spot there mate just in time for Blue Swimmer season.

I fish the part where the creek enters the lake for Flatties.

Regards :1fishing1:

Hi Bob,

We are flying blind as far as fishing spots around Dora Creek so any helpful tips you have would be gratefully received! I caught some prawns out the front last night for bait. We are planning to take the boat out next week when things are quiet and hopefully the rain has stopped. Cheers!

Diana - if you are catching your own prawns make sure you use them live as bait.

Shall do Pedro, do you have any advice on how to catch them - we seem to miss a lot. They are not on the run, just sitting on the bottom - when you drop the net over them they tend to burrow I think - should you try and get under them or drop over then drag?

Guest bluecod

Diane,

We used to catch them when they were on the bottom by putting the net in front of them, then dragging a rake along behind them. As soon as the rake got too near they would flick out and go straight into the net.

Diane,

We used to catch them when they were on the bottom by putting the net in front of them, then dragging a rake along behind them. As soon as the rake got too near they would flick out and go straight into the net.

Thanks Bluecod, we will try that tonight!

Diane when rigging up a live prawn if you dont already know all you need to do is simply slip the hook through the tail once so as to not disrupt the nerves.

thats the way i do it anyway and it works nice for big bream... they cant go past them :thumbup:

Thanks Chris, no, I did not know! I will certainly try putting the hook through the tail - I wold have threaded the prawn onto the hook and killed the poor bugger!!

Guest bluecod

Thanks Chris, no, I did not know! I will certainly try putting the hook through the tail - I wold have threaded the prawn onto the hook and killed the poor bugger!!

Wouldn't worry too much Diane, if you didn't kill the prawn the first fish past it would have :1prop: