Newbie looking for help

Richyo

Hi folks. Newcomer here. Have read a lot of the forums and people seem like they want to help so I said I would give it a go. Myself and 2 friends are planning to buy a boat in the next month. We all have girlfriends and us boys just love fishing. So my questions are these. What kind of boat would you recommend that could carry six in the harbour on New Year's Eve and then carry 4 and handle going out about 15km to fish for the big boys. We are willing to spend about $10000. Thanks for reading and any advice would be much appreciated. Richy

I have a Stacer bow rider and prior to that a quintrex one.   They are a great all round boat.  You would need one in the 5-6 metre range to carry 6.

I think you'd really need double the budget though.  Obviously going outside you need to carefully pick the days.   I generally fish with 1 other person.   Three people total works pretty good with one in the bow rider section.   Four would be a squeeze for fishing IMHO

Edited by Welster

Thanks for the help welster. Yeah we were thinking about six metre. Do you know how cheap it is to moor a boat or dock it somewhere. Does not have to be eastern suburbs or anything like that. Thanks again

Guest Guest123456789
2 hours ago, Richyo said:

Thanks for the help welster. Yeah we were thinking about six metre. Do you know how cheap it is to moor a boat or dock it somewhere. Does not have to be eastern suburbs or anything like that. Thanks again

Nope no idea. 

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

sorry not a fan of bowriders after seeing a guy take a wave over the bow then struggled to keep it all together in a sea with 800 ltrs of water in boat..rick

That would be nasty, although similar to a centre console .   If I was only fishing I wouldn't have one either.   But as a compromise they work for us.