Back To The Roots

matt_nsw

well last weekend my minn kota burnt out and i've been forced to change my fishing routine. left my lures at home and grabbed a few hooks for a live bait session. packed a few beers (not out of routine) and was in search for mullet. it took a while but found them.

drop one down 1hr before sunset with jews on the mind. 5min later landed a 78cm flattie

post-568-1130496359_thumb.jpg

deployed another into the depths resulting in a 76cm 10min later

post-568-1130496421_thumb.jpg

one more livie down with another 76cm landed. sun was down by now and had a few solid hits. i only had 1 beer left and small mullet so i decided to pull the pin. no jew but had some fun :beersmile:

all flatties released

Edited by matt_nsw

cheers guys. atleast they wernt shovelnose

i think i might have to return shane. have a mega livie out and flick plastics. :thumbup:

Wicked flatties mate......you'll crack the 1metre there i reckon.

cheers mate. there are definately some fatties in that hole now. i can feel a few lazy pure blondes coming on tomorrow night on the water :yahoo:

cheers guys. atleast they wernt shovelnose

i think i might have to return shane. have a mega livie out and flick plastics. :thumbup:

cheers mate. there are definately some fatties in that hole now. i can feel a few lazy pure blondes coming on tomorrow night on the water :yahoo:

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH pure blondes, i smashed 1/2 a doz this arvo..........how good do they go? I think i have a problem. Not as big as yours but a problem none the less.

:074:

Nice work there matt.... are you heading out on sat?

hey mate, i think you might already be out there. i have to drop my girl off at 10am to a hens party. then hit the geprges or hacko. are you fishing sunday?

Great fish there Matt, well done, and good onya for letting them go. How long have you had your Minn Kota? Iv'e heard a few people have problems with them.

i have had my minn kota for 11 months. thats the 1st i've heard of that problem. one of the components of the PCB shorted out and created alot of smoke. i was speaking with swoff on the day it happebned and he said his has been in the shop 3 times in one year :thumbdown:

:074::074: Literally!

I saw the smoke and sparks first hand. :1yikes::1yikes:

Good work on the flatties mate. :thumbup:

BTW, I'm think of heading out tomorrow arvo/evening for a jewie bash, let me know if you'll be out.

sorry mate, i didnt see this post until monday morning. i was on the couch all sunday. i think i had a few bad apples on sat night.

hope you didnt launch at grays pt. it was the putt putt regatta yesterday

Great catch there matt,

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

bad luck bout tha moter mate, least u gotta couple of ripper flats...

cheers steve

cheers mate, yeah, i should get the motor back today and then im straight out there

nice work mate, saw some mega lizards this weekend,but reckon i could catch em! :thumbdown:

so did you get any mate?

how was the weather?

mate thats good going anywhere in australia, especially sydney!! im going back to bait on teusday night with a beach jew session so i hope i have the same sucess! will be getting some of the gear i ordered from mo's soon so will be keen to test it if your keen for a jew flick

with SOME of the tackle from mo's??? i think you bought them out :tease:

i'll be minn kotering around the next few night i think. if the beachs are shit then give me a call

so did you get any mate?

how was the weather?

no , lost a big one and dropped a small one close to the boat, also lost a breambo... :ranting2::ranting2:

got about 3 hours fishing in on Saturday and some boating :biggrin2: , peed down all Sunday and the boat was high and dry most of the day (oops forgot about the tide when tying up Saturday arvo)

saw a few 80cm plus fish and one absolute mother that was WELL over 1m (estimate 1.2/1.3m), just wallowing in about 2m of super clear water.

no , lost a big one and dropped a small one close to the boat, also lost a breambo... :ranting2::ranting2:

got about 3 hours fishing in on Saturday and some boating :biggrin2: , peed down all Sunday and the boat was high and dry most of the day (oops forgot about the tide when tying up Saturday arvo)

saw a few 80cm plus fish and one absolute mother that was WELL over 1m (estimate 1.2/1.3m), just wallowing in about 2m of super clear water.

no good mate. atleast the kids had fun :tease:

I didn't end up hitting the Hacking on the weekend, went to the Georges for guaranteed jewies instead.

Matrix and I are hitting the Hacko in the morning, hope the kings come out to play. :biggrin2:

good luck. i would join ya but i havent got the electric yet. its due tomorrow. saw a bloke at the ramp this arvo with 4 kings and 1 jew. fresh pillies