Cooks river yak session

REELCRAZY

With the predicted wind last Sunday morning I decided on an afternoon yak session in the cooks. Launched from kyeemagh ramp around 3.30 and paddled upstream. Had a quick flick around the first bridge then started a drift in the shallows flicking small plastics on 6lb on my 1-2kg set up. It did not take long to get my first beam, nice size. Picked up a few more before heading back upstream for another drift. Changed sides of the river and this drift provided me with quite a few flathead, all just around legal size. As the sun began to dip and the light faded I set up near the second bridge. I fished larger plastics on 20lb in hopes of a Jew. The full tide had slowed my drift so I could really get down on a lighter jig head. No luck there so called it at 7.30. Loving the cooks lately as it always produces and the bream are huge! All fish released IMG_1619.JPGIMG_1657.JPGIMG_1612.JPG

Top work mate. But you're compounding my regret! I too woke up on Sunday morning and thought it looked a bit dubious out. Got myself committed to family duties, then when it turned into a gorgeous day it was too late! I suppose time with the gorgeous family is some consolation.