Port Stephens

Scratchie

59 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

baz  mate you hav a tinnie..drag it up on the sand an chuck an anchor up the beach..i do it with a glass vsea...rick

Last time I did that, it was a run out tide and the waves swung the boat sideways and I got beached! I am thinking of giving it another go, though, running a stern anchor out as well. Wish the Bluetooth connection on my Minn Kota was more reliable, so I could use the anchor lock function!

6 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Last time I did that, it was a run out tide and the waves swung the boat sideways and I got beached! I am thinking of giving it another go, though, running a stern anchor out as well. Wish the Bluetooth connection on my Minn Kota was more reliable, so I could use the anchor lock function!

If you need a hand Baz just ask! I'm always up for a trip to Broughton! :) 

3 hours ago, Scratchie said:

If you need a hand Baz just ask! I'm always up for a trip to Broughton! :) 

You're on, Jeff! Just a bit of stuff to get settled on the domestic front over the next few weeks and then I'll be in touch!

?

1 hour ago, Berleyguts said:

You're on, Jeff! Just a bit of stuff to get settled on the domestic front over the next few weeks and then I'll be in touch!

?

No worries mate! Weather is looking crap for the next week anyway! :( 

19 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

i wish there was somewhere to tie up at Shoalie while I park/retrieve the trailer!

Hey Berlyguts

i have done the beach and park at shoalbay when the waves are not big and it's worked ok just using the bow anchor.

i have also dropped the Bow anchor about 8 - 10mtrs from shore and then reversed in and use the stern anchor to hold the boat in place when waves and wind are a issues while I parked the car.

1 minute ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Hey Berlyguts

i have done the beach and park at shoalbay when the waves are not big and it's worked ok just using the bow anchor.

i have also dropped the Bow anchor about 8 - 10mtrs from shore and then reversed in and use the stern anchor to hold the boat in place when waves and wind are a issues while I parked the car.

Thanks Jeff. Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing. However, there is an advantage to Soldiers Point ramp... not having to get your feet wet! Especially in winter! ?

4 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

True and not having wet feet in winter is a good start.

Soldiers is a great ramp with plenty of room and great pontoons plus the run to the heads is not bad either

And it's closer to my place, too!