Lowrance Elite ti 9

halrax

Good day every one just looking for advice and feedback from others that have a Lowrance Elite ti 9,Would love to get feed back on this unit.

I will be fishing mainly around long reef and 12 mile reef.

Yep I run that unit on my boat mate, I generally chase Jew in estuarys and snapper on inshore reefs and it's perfect for this, I had the choice between the gen 3 7, or the elite 9 ti and opted for the bigger screen. The only real benefits of the gen 3 are if you will be networking multiple sounders. Screen quality and definition is exactly the same.

image-0-02-06-41be35c02c79bb8841cbccb530f79d879ebd451572a23cf56c204a4eef7972c2-V.jpgI run the ti7 (smaller screen version of the one you're looking)  and am happy with my unit to.  From what I understand the ti series is just the hds gen 2's in an all in one package where networking is not a feature needed to the end user.  The good thing with theses are if you have a motor guide electric motor you can control it and autopilot using the ti7 and above sized units.  Also another feature I love is the screen mirroring in that I can pair up my phone and have a 2nd screen of the lowrance unit,  on top of that you can also pair up a tablet and have full control of the lowrance unit on the said tablet... Here is  a photo of my lowrance elite 7ti paired with a Samsung galaxy tab s 10" tablet and a Samsung galaxy s8+ all broadcasting.  Also to note, this should work with apple stuff to from what I've read. 

Edited by Ojay Samson
Forgot pic

11 hours ago, Ojay Samson said:

image-0-02-06-41be35c02c79bb8841cbccb530f79d879ebd451572a23cf56c204a4eef7972c2-V.jpgI run the ti7 (smaller screen version of the one you're looking)  and am happy with my unit to.  From what I understand the ti series is just the hds gen 2's in an all in one package where networking is not a feature needed to the end user.  The good thing with theses are if you have a motor guide electric motor you can control it and autopilot using the ti7 and above sized units.  Also another feature I love is the screen mirroring in that I can pair up my phone and have a 2nd screen of the lowrance unit,  on top of that you can also pair up a tablet and have full control of the lowrance unit on the said tablet... Here is  a photo of my lowrance elite 7ti paired with a Samsung galaxy tab s 10" tablet and a Samsung galaxy s8+ all broadcasting.  Also to note, this should work with apple stuff to from what I've read. 

That's awesome mate I haven't played around with my apple on it yet but will definately give it a try. I have been playing around with overlaying the downscan image in the normal 200kz setting and the quality is insane. For the price you can not beat them 

I just got an Elite 9 Ti from the store in Dural - They're currently on sale for 1299 (Transducer + Navionics card).

Played with it for the first time on Sunday for a couple of hours - very very happy with it! Huge difference compared to my older sounder (Garmin Echo 500c).

I got the NMEA 2000 network starter kit + Gateway kit (so i can hook it up with the motorguide) and its awesome, the ability to scroll back through the sounder history and tell your boat to go there and anchor is going to be helpful.

Mate I think because your prop spins clockwise there will be more turbulence on the left side, it's all trial and error. I still don't have mine in the right speed, I get a good read of the bottom at 20 knots but some interference. Give it a run but it may be the case you need to move it to the right 

• 1 year later...
On 5/29/2017 at 10:31 PM, Ojay Samson said:

Hey mate, can you run the tablet as a second screen (maps on one and fishfinder on the other) or will it only mirror? Looking at getting one soon 

Guest Guest123456789
2 hours ago, matn89 said:

Hey mate, can you run the tablet as a second screen (maps on one and fishfinder on the other) or will it only mirror? Looking at getting one soon 

No just screen duplication