Harbour Fish - Not much action

Wellzy94

Had been pestered all week to take the family out for a fish, so headed to the harbour for a session. Set up to soak some baits for not much action.

Had a few enquiries but few and far between, and the only fish caught was a baby snapper (est. 12cm) which was released healthy!

With plans to pack up by noon and head home, rigged up a 2.5" shad to have a flick. Second cast had a solid hit and lost the tail of the SP, right at the hook! Spewing. Packed up with nothing worthwhile caught.

However, one guy fishing not far from us hooked up, and we rushed the landing net over to give him a hand. He refused the landing net, grabbed the leader to hoist the fish up, and PING! Leader snapped. Fish got away :(

Nothing caught, but a great day for fishing with the sun out all morning.

Cheers,

Wellzy

5 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Unlucky wellzy! The fish certainly slow down in winter and become less active. I think what bit you off was probably a tailor! Plenty of them about ATM. Better luck next time! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

There was plenty of small bait schools around. If there were tailor about, I'm very surprised there wasn't a bustup!

2 hours ago, Wellzy94 said:

There was plenty of small bait schools around. If there were tailor about, I'm very surprised there wasn't a bustup!

Tailor don't always bust up schools especially in the cooler months. My go to spot off the stones, always tailor never a bust up! Sometimes their like ninjas! Haha