Day off Bellambi

gwoods

After spending 6 of the past 8 weeks travelling for work I finally managed a day on the water on Monday with a couple of mates. Got to the ramp at Bellambi and launched right at Sunrise. Having never fished from here previously I was happy for the advice of one of my mates (no forum members). Headed out to Bandits Reef to try our luck. First couple of drops saw bites and interest then we lost 4 rigs quickly to what we assume were leather jacket. Gave up there and headed up to towards Stanwell to drift for Flathead in about 25 metres. First couple of drifts saw some undersize flathead then our luck changed. Over the next hour between us we brought up 5 good flathead between 40 and 50 cm. About late morning decided to head south for a bit and drift off the Scarborough Hotel in about 15 to 20 metres. This resulted in 2 good pan sized snapper and another big one that went 1.6 kg clean. Left there just before lunch and tried Bandits again. With no action headed back to the boat ramp and had the boat out by 1:30. All fish were caught on bait using Slimy fillets, pillies and Squid. The slimy's and pillies were the most effective. The added bonus was watching the whales go by throughout the day. The flathead gave 1.2 kg of fillets and roasted the 2 smaller snapper for dinner. All in all a really enjoyable day out with great weather and a great result.

IMG_1558.JPG