Fishing out off estuaries

ARC H

Gday raiders 

since the water has been cooling down fishing the estuaries for me has been slower and my last session was a donut and the one before only a legal flattie so i am thinking of fishing for tailor and salmon etc of the rocks problem is i do not have long rods as i usually fish the estuaries can anyone advise me off a spot of the rocks or beach where it is relatively flat i was looking around box head anyone fished there

i live at terrigal but please LMK spots even if not too near here

any help is much appreciated

cheers  ARC H

Edited by ARC H
additional info

Mugs Rock at Avoca (first low bit of the platform) usually has tailor at dawn - fish are usually gone as soon as the sun pops up, its low to the water so a short rod is more than usable (used to spin it all the time with a flick stick)

4 minutes ago, macca02 said:

+1 for avoca for a short rod.

You can get a decent 9ft graphite rod for $100ish dollars - this will make your life easier on the rocks.

I agree with both points here, Avoca is good for short rods.

I bought a Starlo Jungle Stix for $90 (9ft, 2-piece graphite) and it's fantastic.

Cheers,

Wellzy

There is nothing better than going in search of a new fishing spot,be it salt or fresh water. Jump in the car and have a look , its only 5 minutes to avova platform from terrigal . Its a beautiful walk as well

Walk towards the rocks from the surf club and you will go down into a small gully with lots of boulders and a high rock on the left- thats Mugs, but with a short rod its easier to go a bit further and fish the first low ledge - cleats can be a good idea as it can have weed and slime growth- its about a 50 meter walk from the surfclub. The next little ledge is called "Picketts" and is really only a low tide option, then the "front" is the main ledge all the way round to the "gulf"- big rock channel at the end of the main ledge