Darling Harbour Fishing

Bream4Dayz

Hi,

Peeled prawns and chicken thigh work for me.

I think it's okay to fish off the aquarium wharf.

I have also fished the end of walkway nr pyrmont bay wharf for tailor and bream, you're not allowed to fish on the actual ferry wharf itself.

2 hours ago, omo said:

Hi,

Peeled prawns and chicken thigh work for me.

I think it's okay to fish off the aquarium wharf.

I have also fished the end of walkway nr pyrmont bay wharf for tailor and bream, you're not allowed to fish on the actual ferry wharf itself.

hey do u know if chicken breast is good

7 hours ago, KingfisherMan said:

I'm planning to go tomorrow, is there any spots that are allowed/not allowed in Darling Harbour I need to be reminded of?

umm i got told off by security near the wharfs just stay away from wharfs there is a place near maritime museum ur allowed to fish there and there is a boardwalk that's where i caught the snapper 

9 hours ago, Bream4Dayz said:

umm i got told off by security near the wharfs just stay away from wharfs there is a place near maritime museum ur allowed to fish there and there is a boardwalk that's where i caught the snapper 

Thanks for the advice. I was going to fish the aquarium. Are we allowed to keep fish caught in Darling Harbour?

u can keep whatever u want. as long as it is legal. while for eatting. i dont know seriously. heard too many bad story

the water is..... so the ANSWER IS NO. especially darling habour.. pyrmont, etc.i use to fish there and caught decent fish.. but after hearing so much negative about it. i actually stopped fishing around the area...

I have fished Darling Harbour for years, please do not beleive the hype over "Do not eat fish West of the bridge" What a load of sh!#. If you truly beleive fish sit in one area all their lives then keep beleiving, you will win lotto tomorrow.

All this crap started when they wanted to move the pros out, now you are unable to get the best school prawn in Australia, Sydney Harbour Schoolies.

If the Bastar#s dont have two heada then eat them. The amount of Mud Crabs, bream and kingies i have taken home to eat from the Southern and Western sides of DH going by the dont eat fish BS i should be dead!.

People tend to read and believe to much, without the full picture.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, papafish said:

u can keep whatever u want. as long as it is legal. while for eatting. i dont know seriously. heard too many bad story

the water is..... so the ANSWER IS NO. especially darling habour.. pyrmont, etc.i use to fish there and caught decent fish.. but after hearing so much negative about it. i actually stopped fishing around the area...

2 hours ago, finin said:

I have fished Darling Harbour for years, please do not beleive the hype over "Do not eat fish West of the bridge" What a load of sh!#. If you truly beleive fish sit in one area all their lives then keep beleiving, you will win lotto tomorrow.

All this crap started when they wanted to move the pros out, now you are unable to get the best school prawn in Australia, Sydney Harbour Schoolies.

If the Bastar#s dont have two heada then eat them. The amount of Mud Crabs, bream and kingies i have taken home to eat from the Southern and Western sides of DH going by the dont eat fish BS i should be dead!.

People tend to read and believe to much, without the full picture.

Yes, I have heard many debates on this. But I agree with finin, "Do not eat fish West of the bridge" is just a load of crap. I've also caught and eaten a lot of fish on western and southern sides of the harbour bridge. 

Like say fishing at like near Luna Park at lavendar bay. It's like 30 metres from the Harbour or the so called 'eastern side'. It's really not gonna make a difference on the fish.  

finin may I ask whereabouts Darling Harbour do you fish and also land or boat wise. I don't want to get caught up with maritime.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KingfisherMan said:

Yes, I have heard many debates on this. But I agree with finin, "Do not eat fish West of the bridge" is just a load of crap. I've also caught and eaten a lot of fish on western and southern sides of the harbour bridge. 

Like say fishing at like near Luna Park at lavendar bay. It's like 30 metres from the Harbour or the so called 'eastern side'. It's really not gonna make a difference on the fish.  

finin may I ask whereabouts Darling Harbour do you fish and also land or boat wise. I don't want to get caught up with maritime.

Go behind the maritime museum there is a whard saw HUGE leatherjackets but didn't bring the right hook and some decent ludericks. Bream were nice sizes until security came when i had fish on and said let it go when u bring it back in i said "ok fine" i was pretty f****ng mad because the bream was about 34cm