Batemans Bay

Jut0070

Land-based or boat. Inshore/offshore. Estuary/beach,rock. Bait or lures.  You will definitely be able to scrape up a feed but it will be challenging as it always is in this part of the world in August, arguably the toughest month of the year in these parts.  Narrow it down a bit and I'll throw a few ideas out there.  I fished Sat / Sun total of 3 hours for 2 trev and 1 bream, just enough to feed the family. Beautiful areas to fish and always lots to see.  Spotted 2 Dwarf Minke Whales feeding last trip.

The water in the river system is pretty cold making the fishing a little slow. The beaches have good patches of salmon and tailor. I will be out off Tuross most likely tomorrow targeting snapper ( they have been going ok lately)

There seems to be lots of gummy sharks both from the shore and boat. Potato Point, Tuross, right down to Bermi and beyond has been going really well on the gummy sharks.

Even though it's been windy the inshore has been flat due to the west winds. 

as an aside the bridge in Batemans Bay is going to be replaced by a four lane one just to the west of the current one and high enough for boats and small yachts...something like 12m metre clearance. Good for traffic both on the road and on the water, but sad to see some history being destroyed.

Jim...