alot of smaller budget reels don't have line roller bearings??

vcreation

heya guys the other day im trying to do some reel maintainence. because my Penn spinfisher 850ssm is line roller is making noise, only to found that one of the 2 bearing is gone making noise. i think last year when i accidently hooked a marlin on my snapper rig and it made runner burn my line roller bearing in matter of 10 second then snap the line. now i've measured the bearing size and order new bearings. i found that if ur reel has carbon drag washer, or u can repair/replace the drag washers, line roller bearing, rod tip... the rest of ur rod/reel will almost last forever. those are the only 3 that will brake down!!!

anyway, then i go ahead and try to clean and re-grease my other reels. only to find that in my smaller bream reels, Shimano Sedona 2000FE and Diawa Laguna 2500-5bi

they both NOT have line roller bearing, it's just a plastic collar over the shaft and then the roller outside, NO WONDER when those reels are under load, the line roller don't spin!

but the manufacture claims that they do have Line roller bearing.... Shimano claims 3+1 while Diawa claims 5+1 but they do not have ball bearings inside line roller... i mean they are alright bream reels for the price but thats false advertising. get my money back? ???

7 hours ago, vcreation said:

they both NOT have line roller bearing, it's just a plastic collar over the shaft and then the roller outside, NO WONDER when those reels are under load, the line roller don't spin!

Both of those reels are light tackle reels made to a budget, the bail rollers will not spin if you lock the drag up and put heavy strain on them, they will spin if used with light/moderate drag and are properly maintained