Wild Weather Tomorrow... or Not?

Berleyguts

I have to work tomorrow so I'm not so disappointed in the weather. I'm hoping it will settle down for my next day off on Tuesday (and I'm also hoping I get over the man flu).

However, I was checking ahead on Willy Weather and there seems to be an unusual disparity between the swell at Broughton Island and the swell at Port Stephens Heads!:

I know which one I want to believe!

IMG_4229.PNG

IMG_4230.PNG

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

Nice weather through the week and then we get slapped with these wild conditions for the weekend. Typical! :/

Should fish OK coming off it though. Tuesday's not looking too bad. My day off! ?

I'm just curious about the obvious error in Willy Weather!

Willy Weather's still showing "glassy" conditions all week.  Same for Fingal Beach and down to Swansea area (Blacksmith's Beach).  Must be something wrong with the data for the Hunter area.  Broughton Island is classed as mid north coast apparently and the readings are realistic.

I find the same inconsistencies with surf forecasts when I'm planning a trip. Sometimes when I read the forecasts two beaches directly next to each other, pointing exactly the same direction one says 3m waves and the other says it's completely flat. Must be to do with the way they gather data in different areas or something.

9 minutes ago, Aardvarking said:

I find the same inconsistencies with surf forecasts when I'm planning a trip. Sometimes when I read the forecasts two beaches directly next to each other, pointing exactly the same direction one says 3m waves and the other says it's completely flat. Must be to do with the way they gather data in different areas or something.

too true

Something must be broken with the willyweather swell data feed for port stephens and the other locations you mentioned. There is almost never zero swell, plus willyweather is showing correct swell data for newcastle.