Boat cover

Bloggsy

Has anyone bought a suitable boat cover from Ebay or elsewhere and been happy with it. I am looking for one for a Bar crusher 670 Hardtop. It doesn't need to be a travel cover as it will only be to keep the boat covered under the car port.

Yes, I've bought covers from ebay. For both new boat and old boat.

Am I happy with it?  It does the job. Obviously it's never going to be as snug a fit as a custom made cover but the difference between paying $180 and ~$800 or whatever means that I'm more than happy to put up with a couple of flappy bits here and there for the money saved. As long as it doesnt pool water from the rain is the main thing but under a car port you should be fine. Guessing its mainly to keep dust, insects and birds out.

They come with webbing straps + plastic clips, which can be a bit time consuming to do and undo each one if you're on your own. I'm considering swapping all of mine out with short occy straps. You can pickup a 12 pack of them for like $20 bucks.

Edited by Smasher

I found a tarp that fits perfectly and use occy straps as mentioned above.  Keeps the water out but not the frogs....put my rod in a rod holder and had a green tree frog yell at me once.  scared the @#@% outta me

You spent a whole lot of money buying a damn nice boat- why skimp on a crappy cover, a good custom cover will be in the vicinity of 2K and will just about last forever. Mine is 5 years old and still looks like new, it keeps the boat clean in the driveway, breaths - so no mould builds up etc- I also got a travel cover done for the console of the boat so it stays safe and clean while towing (boat is a center console)