Has any one fished Dora creek

Flickn Mad

dora has good bream  few bass  the creeks don't go that far up before dying..i had thread bout one of them not long ago..they don't have any length of freshwater to support good bass there is also good flatties year round as well as muddies..no traps only witches hats as part of lake mac..rick

21 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

dora has good bream  few bass  the creeks don't go that far up before dying..i had thread bout one of them not long ago..they don't have any length of freshwater to support good bass there is also good flatties year round as well as muddies..no traps only witches hats as part of lake mac..rick

Thanks Rick, it looks like a beautifully little spot, I will probably try and do a few day trips up there with the yak this summer.

I used to work nearby and used to fish it often. Plenty of bream with flathead, tailor, eels and longtoms thrown in the mix. Have also chased jewfish at night there with tailor as bait. A few big runs but have never managed to land any and not sure what has taken my bait but certainly something large. 

Oh, and more mullet than you can poke a stick at but difficult to catch, as mullet often are. 

it looks super inviting but never had much luck there myself.  Got a couple of small EP's from the road bridge and some Bream off snags at different times but I always left it feeling disappointed.  The mouth of the creek on Lac Mac though holds some top Bream.

Cheers

Windy