Cataract dam and prospect reservoir

Brendan138

Been on the cards for years! Still waiting lol, may or may not happen dont hold your breath. I hope it opens!

i heard thats where carp were introduced into the country, not sure if thats correct but if so there would be some biiiiig carp in there. (Prospect)

• 3 years later...

I worked at Prospect Reservoir for over a year and got to see some great fish. The main inlet to the water filtering station was a concrete canal that had a debris filter similar to a giant paddle-wheel (there were two of them adjacent)with a screen mesh which took anything solid out of the flow going into the plant, including fish and eels and deposited them in holding bins.

About every hour or so the environmental ranger would come and take all the live contents from two large holding tanks (like giant Otto bins) and return them to the reservoir.

Whenever we were working anywhere near the water he would sneak around to see if we had a set line in anywhere (we didn't!) and also to make sure we had drop sheets under any work we did near the water.

During minor blasting, more than once a large trout floated up including one I saw that went 5 kg which was disposed of on site. Due to the sensitive nature of the whole plant and the need for water purity security, I doubt that it would ever be open to the public for fishing

• Like 1

Tend to agree, in the main, most anglers would do the right thing, but it would take only one dim wit to do "something" and compromise the water (or catchment) and it would be a total lockout forever.

• Like 1

There is also the lakes system at Penrith - this isn’t part of our water supply and is sitting there unused . If you go back through some of the YouTube videos from Windsor bait and tackle he shows some of what we are missing out on .

Windsor b&t is the name he kept from when he owned the store which closed a couple of years back .

• Like 1