15/10/17 - Muddy Ck and Dolls Pt

BrassRoots

Went down to Dolls Point to pick up the goodie bag from the DPI. 

unnamed (2).jpg

I tried fishing near the jetty on the other side of the Bridge, flicking soft plastics around towards the structure. There were some solid takes but I couldn't make them stick. The 22 knot onshore wind became too much for my little 00 ball sinkers so I decided to ditch Dolls Point and head to Kyeemagh boat ramp.

Flicked a few different types and colour of lure but I'm noticing that whenever I'm in the Cooks River system the squidgies whip bait in rotten tomato gets a lot of hits. While at Muddy ck I think I fished the slack tide and probably the first hour of the incoming tide. I dont think I fished the best parts as I spent way too much time where the two creeks meet. I didnt start getting proper bites until I walked up muddy creek and went into the mangroves. Then pulled out these two:

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

That's a 60mm lure so the fish aren't that big but it's good to know I'm doing something right.

I probably could have gone further up the creek and pulled a few more out as I noticed that the school of chopper were making their way up stream but by then I had to leave.

It's really starting to hit home the fact that you have to move to find the fish. I must have walked past at least 8 people fishing bait and not catching anything but if they had been more movile would definitely have hooked on to something.