Whiting On Sp

Agent X

G'day X

I haven't caught one on SP's personally, but I have seen a few reports on here of them taking SP's of the smaller variety like 2 inch grubs.

I think Ken has taken a few on SX-40's as well.

I'm going to have a go at the Lake whiting with the new Berkley sandworms over the coming weeks, so it'll be interesting to see if they go for them. You did well to score one anyway, especially while targeting flatties. :thumbup:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Edited by madsmc

Shane: I reckon they'll go bananas over the smaller grubs or sandworm plastics... I'm especially partial towards the Berkley SPs (like the 2 inch grubs im using) because they really do smell like real bait :biggrin2:

Ron: the fight was er..... shall we talk abt something else?.... wahahaha

Guy's,

Whiting are good to catch on SPs. I caught a 36cm one on a 3" hawg in watermelon.

But if you really want to target them try the storm nipper

post-688-1131008375_thumb.jpg

I have done well with these in brisbane waters and environs but have caught very little with them in Sydney

Cheers

Trev

Hey Trev, thanks for the reminder on those nippers.

I forgot that I already have a packet of them in my tackle bag that I've had for some time :wacko:.

I sometimes forget how many different type's of SP's I've got in that bag.

I should probably stop buying them but it's a bit of a bad habit. Go to a tackle store, leave with at least one new packet of em. I'm sure I'm not alone here. :biggrin2:

Shane

Edited by madsmc

Hey Trev, thanks for the reminder on those nippers.

I forgot that I already have a packet of them in my tackle bag that I've had for some time :wacko:.

I sometimes forget how many different type's of SP's I've got in that bag.

I should probably stop buying them but it's a bit of a bad habit. Go to a tackle store, leave with at least one new packet of em. I'm sure I'm not alone here. :biggrin2:

Shane

Like yourself i'm a self confessed plastiholic... i can't seem to stop buying em... lord knows i don't need anymore. Every few weeks i unpack all my sp bags and go thru em to c what i have so i can remind myself. Sorry stuff eh :yahoo:

I chased whiting a fair bit on SP's around Caloundra when I lived there. The smaller fish up to 33/34cm were pretty co operative on plastic but all my better fish with only the odd exception came in on HB's. The 3 best lures I found were Oar Gee Little Ripper & the Ecogear SX-40's & SX-48's. I managed a 43cm Whiting on a 48 just before I left which would have been a new record here but no pic :thumbdown: The current 40cm fish munched an Ecogear Bug Ant.

Gd catch X,

I actually landed a couple of whittings on sp before i even managed to hook a bream on one. My guess any sp with a wormy colour shld get the nod from them. Those new gulp worms should be dynamite on those whitting i bet. Gotta give them a try when I am done with those pesty exams.

regards

DArryl

Nice fish there Nick. :thumbup:

I had a crack at targeting them on the weekend, but no luck. Will keep trying though, I'm bloody determined to get one now! :biggrin2:

What sort of retrieve are you guys using?

Shane

Have you left Caloundra? Where can we find you now?

Joe

Whiting are fairly common on SP's, especially good whiting when chasing bream.

I've had some good 'goon session chasing whiting on small grugs with the tail dipped in pink garlic scent, it's pretty much one fish per cast.