Dent in spool lip

Aardvarking

I was out fishing off a rock wall the other day, and I unfortunately took a bit of a tumble down the rocks and into the water. My fishermans instincts took effects instantly, and I dived into the water to retrieve the rod before it sank too deep, so luckily it will live to fish another day. Unfortunately, in the fall my reel came into contact with some rocks, leaving a few little dents in the lip. 

IMG_1448.JPG

I am wondering if there is any way to repair the spool without being at risk of damaging the line every cast? There are a few other much smaller dents that were impossible to photograph with my low quality camera, but I didn't think they were too much of a concern. Be sure to correct me if I'm wrong and they do pose a problem.

Thanks for the tips. I filed down the area with a nail file, then added an extremely thin coat of nail polish. I waited for it to set and then added another thicker layer of nail polish, using a tissue to get it as smooth as possible. I then lightly wet sanded that down with some 240 grit sandpaper, and now it's good to go. I ran my finger along the rim, and I genuinely couldn't find where the dent was before with my finger, it's good as new.